Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Tech (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Edelbrock Super-Victor #2825 CNC SBC Intake (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28861)

TheEngineer 09-17-2010 03:55 AM

Edelbrock Super-Victor #2825 CNC SBC Intake

I've been considering one of the CNC Super-Victor SBC intakes for my 427 stroker race engine (solid roller, 14.4-1 compression). However, I've never been able to actually look one of the Edelbrock CNC intakes over, or know anyone who is running one.

I have Dart Pro-1 230 heads that will be ported this winter (ran them this past season out of the box), so the CNC intake should work well with the ported 230 heads.

The #2825 CNC intake is pricy, about double the cost of the standard Super-victor. Let me know what you think!

Warren

hammertime 09-17-2010 02:09 PM

I've not had this one in hand but I can tell you another intake to look at that I have ran vs a port matched Super Victor. A Dart Wilson cnc'd setup, is a very nice intake for the money.

TheEngineer 09-18-2010 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by hammertime
I've not had this one in hand but I can tell you another intake to look at that I have ran vs a port matched Super Victor. A Dart Wilson cnc'd setup, is a very nice intake for the money.

Is the CNC Wilson intake you're talking about a Super-Victor #2925 that Wilson has CNC'ed? I've see the CNC'ed Super-Victor intake on the Wilson website and it lists for $800.00+. The Edelbraock CNC #2825 is around $560.00.

Warren

hammertime 09-18-2010 05:31 AM

The intake I am talking about is a Dart that Wilson ports.
Do a search for a Dart Wilson SBC Intake and see what ya find. When I was doing intake swaps on my 434ci 23 degree motor. I did a lot of research and made a lot of calls. many suggested the Dart Wilson over anything. They were right it was worth a lot of et vs the super victor.

If your mind is set on getting a super victor. Just call this guy and get his thoughts and info, he is a sharp dude. I know he like the SV intake.
http://www.speierracingheads.com/

curtisreed 09-18-2010 06:03 AM

Pretty sure he talked to Chad before. Warren I think the easiest way is to lose some weight in the car. I'm a pretty small driver you know LOL

Curtis

TheEngineer 09-18-2010 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by doorracer
Pretty sure he talked to Chad before. Warren I think the easiest way is to lose some weight in the car. I'm a pretty small driver you know LOL

Curtis

Curtis,

Personally, I lost about five pounds last summer, probably mowing in the heat, but that's about all I can lose. I lke my food and beer too much! LOL

I could lose some weight with the LTX 97 Camaro, but not the tube-chassis Cavalier. The Cav's race weight with me strapped-in is around 2100. I bet you're not too much lighter with your car.

Also, I'm staying with 23 degree heads and over the winter I'm having the Pro-1s ported and want a better intake to go with that port-work.

I'm headed to the track today for that last points race of the season. Currently tied for 3rd in No-E points and that isn't too bad.

Hope the new grandson is doing well.

Warren

kwkracing 09-18-2010 09:30 AM

give up the beer and buy a dart wilson intake

TheEngineer 09-18-2010 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by kwkracing

How many 6-packs would be equal to a CNC'ed Dart-Wilson intake?

Warren

cam67152 09-19-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by TheEngineer

Warren

Need more info....what brand do you drink?
There's some pretty cheap beer... :lol:

TheEngineer 09-19-2010 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by cam67152

Originally Posted by TheEngineer

Warren

Need more info....what brand do you drink?
There's some pretty cheap beer... :lol:

I'll drink anything cold, but my preference are the micro-brews with some real flavor and color!

Warren