Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   other side of the tirekicker Scene. U never Know ? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19591)

bjuice 01-22-2008 09:22 AM

other side of the tirekicker Scene. U never Know ?

On the Flip side..i saw a 67 camaro this past week on RJ classifieds..reasonably close to me,,price was in my range for what it was..( i am a camaro freak !)...all i ask from the guy was a few pics of the motor compartment and interior and provided him with my private e-mail......this has been 4/5 days ago still no pics,,no message that he even got my message...saw the camaro reposted last night...same price,same everything...

all i can say is this....his car might have been sold today if he would have taken the time to send the pics or at least sent me a message back AS I ASK HIM TO DO...

Morale of the story is ..you never Know who your dealing with..could be a deadbeat..could be a legit buyer with a POCKET FULL OF CASH..in this mans case i happened to have enough CASH to buy his car and would have bought it if i liked what i saw...

..if your not prepared to deal with a host of potential buyers ( which includes tire kickers) then do not bother posting your ad...cause you just never know who is INQUIRING on the other end....

I am laughing to myself...didn't hurt my feeling to keep the money in my pocket..the Vette is hungry !....lol :D

Brian

v8Fiero 01-22-2008 09:56 AM

I dealt with that a lot when I was trying to find my new engine here on RJ. I had money in pocket ready to buy every engine I inquired about if it was built right. but some sellers didnt even bother to take a single pic for me... I am not going to buy something like an engine without some proof of its existance. I understand that there are a lot of tirekickers out there, but all it takes is one serious inquiry to make a deal go through.

I was patient and now I have the perfect engine that I was looking for. Thanks RJ!

Tod74 01-22-2008 11:36 AM

Re: other side of the tirekicker Scene. U never Know ?

Originally Posted by bjuice
On the Flip side..i saw a 67 camaro this past week on RJ classifieds..reasonably close to me,,price was in my range for what it was..( i am a camaro freak !)...all i ask from the guy was a few pics of the motor compartment and interior and provided him with my private e-mail......this has been 4/5 days ago still no pics,,no message that he even got my message...saw the camaro reposted last night...same price,same everything...

all i can say is this....his car might have been sold today if he would have taken the time to send the pics or at least sent me a message back AS I ASK HIM TO DO...

Morale of the story is ..you never Know who your dealing with..could be a deadbeat..could be a legit buyer with a POCKET FULL OF CASH..in this mans case i happened to have enough CASH to buy his car and would have bought it if i liked what i saw...

..if your not prepared to deal with a host of potential buyers ( which includes tire kickers) then do not bother posting your ad...cause you just never know who is INQUIRING on the other end....

I am laughing to myself...didn't hurt my feeling to keep the money in my pocket..the Vette is hungry !....lol :D

Brian

I agree...you never know.
My first car was a 1972 Chevelle. Me and a friend built it when we were teenagers.(I will soon be 34) Well it still sits at my parent's house in my father's garage. It still runs like a charm (mid 12's with a very mild 400 smblk) too...but I never drive it. Have not plated it since 1999. I love that car and always said I would never sell it...but as we all know cash talks.
Awhile back a friend of mine from high school bought a house next door to my parents. I had the car sitting outside while I was doing some work in the garage. My friend stopped by and asked if I would consider selling the Chevelle...I said "Naa..I can't sell that thing.....it was my first car" he said "Okay...just thought I would ask." and then he left.

If I had a nickel for every time somebody stopped and asked if I would sell it I'd be rich..and most think they could buy it for nothing if you did sell it....so needless to say I didn't really take him seriously.

About a week later I was over there to visit my parents and I look over and see a 1971 Chevelle that looked nice..(.but not as nice as mine :wink: ) The guy came outside so I walked over to check it out...he smiled and said "You didn't think I was serious, did ya?"
well I found out he paid almost 9 grand for it cash and like I said mine is in better shape and is better ( I guess I am biased...lol) 9 grand would sure come in handy right now... :(

so yeah I agree with bjuice..ya never know who is serious and who isn't

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/10/30210444453.jpg

hotrodharley 01-22-2008 12:26 PM

I AGREE WITH BRIEN;;;;;;DARN IT IF YOU GOING TO LIST SOMETHING ON HERE FOR SALE THEN ANSWER YOUR DARN E-MAILS.I'VE HAD THIS HAPPEN MORE TIMES THEN NOT ON HERE..I GIVE THEM 3 TO 4 DAYS TO ANSWER..IF NOT THEN I FIND IT SOMEWHERE ELSE..THE INTERNET TO BIG FOR THESE GAMES.

I FEEL IF IT TAKES THEM WEEK OR BETTER TO ANSWER A E-MAIL OR THEY DON'T ANSWER AT ALL[THIS IS MOST TIME ON HERE]I DON'T WANT TO BUY FROM THEM..IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A FEW SECONDS TO ANSWER A E-MAIL FROM A BUYER THEN HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THEM TO DECIDE TO SHIP IT AFTER YOU PAY FOR IT?

THIS NOT ANSWERING THERE E-MAILS ABOUT WHAT THEY HAVE FOR SALE MAKES ME VERY :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

lively 01-22-2008 12:44 PM

MY FAVORITE THING IS WHEN THEY LIST SOMETHING WITH A LOUSY PIC---I CONTACT THEM ABOUT CLEARER PICS SO I CAN CHECK THINGS OUT AND THEN THEY ANSWER BACK THAT IS THE ONLY PICS THEY HAVE / I JUST NEED TO GO FROM THERE- I WILL GO SOMEWERE ELSE :? :? ---EVERY LOOKER IS A POTENTIAL BUYER[ ANSWER THEM OR DON'T COMPLAIN WHEN YOU LIST YOUR ITEMS]---LIVELY

shawnp 01-22-2008 02:55 PM

If you are motivated enough to post the ad, be motivated enough to respond to all potential customers. If you don't have the time to respond, then you do not have the time to sell the car. You are taking up valuable server space that can be better used by someone else.

lotsof454sss 01-22-2008 03:03 PM

Oh how I love tire kickers...Some time they have alot of loot to spend and they look poor as dirt...Never turn one away and always take them as serious...

If there were no tire kickers, then how could there possibly be any buyers :?:

bjuice 01-22-2008 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
Oh how I love tire kickers...Some time they have alot of loot to spend and they look poor as dirt...Never turn one away and always take them as serious...

If there were no tire kickers, then how could there possibly be any buyers :?:

right on Perry !

sds10racer 01-23-2008 08:43 PM

when you think about it, all of us on here are tire kickers. when we go look at a car, pickup or m/c at a dealer, do we buy the first one we look at? not usually. we look around at this dealer and others to get the best buy or that special one. so next time we complain about tire kickers, think about that salesman that just showed you the vehicle and you said you'd get back to him when you made up your mind. just something to think about.

bobb 01-24-2008 04:49 AM

*****TIRE KICKERS*****

To all the above I say "AMEN" :!: !!!! There is nothing worse than having to force someone to take your money which is what it seems like sometime !!!

BobB.