Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Do People Read Your Add. (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22766)

Sox 01-12-2009 05:58 AM

Do People Read Your Add.

I have posted several adds clearlly stating what i want for trade or sale.I get replys that are not even close in Trade price or what Im looking for.Case in point,looking for a 750 race carb and get 10 replys for 850 and up.Heres another,I have a 10 grand trade add and someone wants to trade me a car they have listed for 6500.00.I also said GM only and it"s a Maverick to boot..Come on people read the GD adds before you reply..

dparker 01-12-2009 11:36 AM

I understand what your saying. But sometimes it never hurts to ask. I traded my chassis truck for a monoshock dragster a few months ago and the seller had trades marked as no. I still asked if he might be interested in a trade and he replied that he was and we traded. I can see where your coming from, but is it that hard to say no and thanks for the interest in my ad. You would be extremely lucky to have the perfect trade from the first guy that emailed you. In my opinion, alot times if someone asks if you would trade for a less expensive item, they're looking for a counteroffer.
My grandfather used to say its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission............. :lol: :lol:

bigray 01-12-2009 02:20 PM

yep,,yep.. ive traded for stuff i thought i wouldn't.it never hurts to ask..you never know..

hotrodharley 01-12-2009 02:30 PM

same here..i traded on here last time for something i didn't have listed as i'd trade for and even traded down just because i liked what he offer me so much i had to have it..till this day i'm so happy he didn't stick to what i said i would trade for and went ahead and ask me anyway..as everyone has already said and i'll say it myself DOESN'T HURT ANYTHING TO ASK AND EASY ENOUGH TO REPLY BACK...I'M SORRY BUT NOT INTERESTED..

ss427nova 01-12-2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by dparker
I understand what your saying. But sometimes it never hurts to ask. I traded my chassis truck for a monoshock dragster a few months ago

Aww man, you gone over to the dark side? Whatever happened to your Vette?

dparker 01-12-2009 08:17 PM

Wife made me sell and remodel our house 10 years ago. Everybody got too fast anyway. It got to the point I didnt have enough money to try to set any track records. I'd like to find it though. Its suppose to be in south Texas. I'd sure like to get it back. I didn't realize how many people liked it until I got rid of it. Wife said I had to sell to spend moneys on our house, but I think she was worried I hurt myself in it. Where are you racing at now? Are you still in Carlsbad? Did ya'll ever get that track in Carlsbad up and going again? Check out my profile and see my truck and dragsters. Its not what my Vette was but I think its won me more races. When you get old you have to trade speed for rounds won.

outlaw256 01-13-2009 03:59 AM

dparker, your grandpa was a smart man!!! ken

stroked470 01-13-2009 05:54 AM

I am always glad to get trade offers, as long as it is not a Sidekick with a 383 in it wanting $25,000. trade value or a bone stock 54 Chevy wagon with 6 cylinder needing restored. Those 2 people will wear you out on offers.

sc2265 01-13-2009 06:43 AM

i get itired of people asking me 2 trade when i got it in the add also no trades accepted

TheYellaBrick 01-13-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by sc2265
i get itired of people asking me 2 trade when i got it in the add also no trades accepted

Goes with the turf, just be polite about it . You never know who might be 'testing' you for how you relate to folks. Might be a real player......