Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Tech (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BBC Aftermarket Blocks (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32531)

hink 09-02-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by zipper06
Has anyone seen or looked at the BMP alum. blk that Naylor in SC is selling for around $3400.00.
I've owned and run KB and Donavan, both with water and solid.

Price is good but i don't know if the blk is.

Just curious

Zip

You may want to deal with a company that machines their own blocks as its hard to deal with World when a problem comes up.

coloradoracerguy 09-02-2012 06:20 AM

Carl,

Can't you let this rest?? For once?

Please stop trashing forums because of your own personal agenda!

To the OP, either block will serve you well.

jsup 09-02-2012 06:26 AM

I work for World. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call.

If you want an honest opinion, CNC BLOCKS, HINK, CARL, whatever he is now is not the place to look. He is selective in his information and sometimes straight out inaccurate.

Rather than drone on here's a link:

www.cncblockne.com

We were the first ones to make aftermarket BBC blocks. Our MERLIN PRO was deemed illegal as an unfair advantage by the rules committee so we discontinued it.

We make a damn fine product no matter what CNCBLOCKS wants to make up.

My direct phone number is 201-403-3699 if you want to call me.

jsup 09-02-2012 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by cncmotorsports

Has anyone seen or looked at the BMP alum. blk that Naylor in SC is selling for around $3400.00.

Just curious

Zip

BMP is World Products . We have used many of them. Nice blocks
Bill Mitchell Products - BMP
http://www.theengineshop.com

Thank you sir. If there's anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to call or emial.. My phone number is above. My email is [email protected]

jsup 09-02-2012 06:36 AM

Just curious

Zip

fwiw, we just reduced our prices on blocks so people can sell them inexpensively.

Our aluminum blocks are cast in the same foundry as Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bently, and Penske racing. I'd be hard pressed to say that those companies would use junk.

THey are machined in North America by a leading block house. The fit and finish is far and above what you're accustomed to seeing and require less machining than the competitors. Anyone that has seen our product side by side with any other competitor says it looks light years ahead.

We have better oiling capabilities than anyone on the market. We keep the oil off the cam, and down on the mains. We have better cooling that our competitors.

I don't know where you're located, but you're invited any time to swing by if you want to take a look at one.

Those who have seen ours side by side, will tell you our fit, finish, and design is superior. Those who haven't will have opinions, but no facts.

jsup 09-02-2012 06:55 AM

Here's a link to an aluminum Ford block with big pictures.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ighlight=world

Here's some of our FORD heads:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ighlight=world

Hope that helps.

zipper06 09-02-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jsup

Just curious

Zip

fwiw, we just reduced our prices on blocks so people can sell them inexpensively.

Our aluminum blocks are cast in the same foundry as Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bently, and Penske racing. I'd be hard pressed to say that those companies would use junk.

THey are machined in North America by a leading block house. The fit and finish is far and above what you're accustomed to seeing and require less machining than the competitors. Anyone that has seen our product side by side with any other competitor says it looks light years ahead.

We have better oiling capabilities than anyone on the market. We keep the oil off the cam, and down on the mains. We have better cooling that our competitors.

I don't know where you're located, but you're invited any time to swing by if you want to take a look at one.

Those who have seen ours side by side, will tell you our fit, finish, and design is superior. Those who haven't will have opinions, but no facts.

Thanks for responding, i'm in the deep south and nearest dealer is in Atlana Ga. 500 mi away. I'm looking at building a 582" on alcohol, stacks injected with a 3" Kinsler, which i already have. As i said i've have already ran KB,Donavan, and i forgot to mention Rodec, mostly blown alcohol, which performed well, no failures. I did go to your website and checked out your parts. What i didn't see was any pricing on the heads, that flow over 400 CFM, i saw the head kit but no pricing on the CNC'ed 355 heads. There are lot's of heads that flow more than 400 CFM on the market, but require shaft rockers @ about $1600.00. Does your heads require shaft rockers or conventional rockers?
As i said i saw the ad at Naylor engines in SC. He's advertising 1000 plus HP, complete engine for $10,500.00, that's pretty reasonable and hard to beat at that price, don't know if he has a happy dyno or the #'s are real. It doesn't say what BLK or heads but it's obviously an iron BLK. The reason i ask is that my car is a lead sled at 3250 lbs. with SM/BLK and would perfer to use an alum blk. if i go B/BLK. also can the blks and heads be bought factory direct?

I should add that's i've been a machinest for over 50 yrs. the last 35 as a CNC programmer/machinest. I have access about $5 mil. CNC equipment available to me from the Plastics injection mold building shop that i recently retired from, including 2 5 axis milling machines, so i'm no stranger to how to check something out, even at in my home shop i can check most evety thing on a blk. I do build a few engines for friends each yr.

Below are the ads i'm referring too.

Zip.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...D-ALL-NEW.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/Blocks/252...UM-BLOCKS.html

hink 09-02-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by jsup
I work for World. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call.

If you want an honest opinion, CNC BLOCKS, HINK, CARL, whatever he is now is not the place to look. He is selective in his information and sometimes straight out inaccurate.

Rather than drone on here's a link:

www.cncblockne.com

We were the first ones to make aftermarket BBC blocks. Our MERLIN PRO was deemed illegal as an unfair advantage by the rules committee so we discontinued it.

We make a damn fine product no matter what CNCBLOCKS wants to make up.

My direct phone number is 201-403-3699 if you want to call me.

With all this BS you are spreading about me jesup I smell a lwasuit coming!!!

Thanks for posting your number !!!!!

coloradoracerguy 09-02-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by hink
with all this BS you are spreading about me jesup I smell a lwasuit coming!!!

If you research your posts on numerous boards Carl, the same can be said for your slandering of the company........Just sayin'

hink 09-02-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy

Originally Posted by hink
with all this BS you are spreading about me jesup I smell a lwasuit coming!!!

If you research your posts on numerous boards Carl, the same can be said for your slandering of the company........Just sayin'

I think you will find I have the customers that have brought blocks to me with issues so I doubt that would be slander, I can back up what I have posted no problem. Just saying!!!!