Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carburetion, Induction, Nitrous (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Big Shot 400 - How to activate (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24075)

jreiley 04-29-2009 02:38 PM

Big Shot 400 - How to activate

I bought a car with a bbc and a big shot 400 nitrous system. I don't have all the documentation I really need. The question is when I push the button to start the solenoid, does it stay on until I push it again or do I have to hold it in?

dparker 04-29-2009 05:24 PM

Re: Big Shot 400 - How to activate

Originally Posted by jreiley
I bought a car with a bbc and a big shot 400 nitrous system. I don't have all the documentation I really need. The question is when I push the button to start the solenoid, does it stay on until I push it again or do I have to hold it in?

You will have to hold it. I would also put a switch on your throttle where NOS will only come on at WOT.

hammertime 04-29-2009 06:35 PM

Re: Big Shot 400 - How to activate

Originally Posted by dparker

Originally Posted by jreiley

You will have to hold it. I would also put a switch on your throttle where NOS will only come on at WOT.

x2 and I go as far as putting a fuel saftey pressure switch so it has to have atlead 5lbs of pressure.
I have mine setup for both ways, push button and timer, push button is much more fun :D

jreiley 05-03-2009 04:30 AM

Thanks.....................

chevyfireball 05-07-2009 02:16 AM

You shouldn't activate the nos unless you have wide open throttle or it could get ugly. And they say no more than 20 seconds. Go to the Holley website and you can download instructions for the Big Shot kit. Make sure your engine is built to handle nitrous and don't go giving it a shitload right away. Start small and increase the jetting gradually.

dparker 05-07-2009 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
You shouldn't activate the nos unless you have wide open throttle or it could get ugly. And they say no more than 20 seconds. Go to the Holley website and you can download instructions for the Big Shot kit. Make sure your engine is built to handle nitrous and don't go giving it a shitload right away. Start small and increase the jetting gradually.

20 seconds, how long is your track? lol.

THERATTLER 05-07-2009 06:34 AM

:D must be for the street application :lol:

dparker 05-07-2009 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by maniac
:D must be for the street application :lol:

I don't know, but I'd hate to be to close around the 19th second.....

THERATTLER 05-07-2009 08:49 AM

PARKER , CHECK OUT MY POST ON "IN THE PITS" IT IS VERY INFORMATIVE ON HOW NITROUS WORKS. :lol:

dparker 05-07-2009 01:46 PM

Now I understand. Was that bowhay and txhunter as your pitchmen?