Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chassis Certifing ? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23967)

superstreeter 04-22-2009 11:08 AM

Chassis Certifing ?

how much is chassis certifing down south, is it a different rate from NHRA to IHRA ? just curious

bbchevy 04-22-2009 11:40 AM

$$

NHRA just went from 130.00 to 150.00.
Not Sure About IHRA..........?
Later
G 8)

TopspeedLowet 04-22-2009 11:46 AM

NHRA FOLLOWS GOVERNMENTS LEAD ON FEES

I can tell you that NHRA decided just a few weeks ago to DOUBLE ALL THERE LICENSE FEES AND CERTIFICATIONS across the board. Even the JR dragster parents have to pony up double for there crumb crunchers permit's to race this season. The cost for sportsman chassis was $75.00 and now is $150. The kick in the pants is that the southern tracks that opened a month ago had there chassis for 09 charged at the lower rate and now us northerner's have to pay more than our southern racers due to the change being made after some tracks opened. The reasoning NHRA gave is that times are tough and they need more money?!?!?! :evil: Just like government, they charge more cuz they can and we have to have the certification. You may desire to check into any outlaw track. They don't care about certifications and are just as safe to race at. NHRA is not looking out for us sportsman racers. The cert is only a safety check, a .25 cent sticker and 20 min of one mans time if he is a little slow. You decide why the doubling of cost.
Sorry, but I have a bad attitude toward nhra since this surprise late increase.
Bruce

kod99 04-22-2009 03:11 PM

I just got my PSP dragster certified to 6.0 in both NHRA ($150) and IHRA ($130). I had to convert to Canadian dollars but I think that's close. IHRA was a little cheaper than NHRA.

bjuice 04-22-2009 04:19 PM

Re: NHRA FOLLOWS GOVERNMENTS LEAD ON FEES

Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
I can tell you that NHRA decided just a few weeks ago to DOUBLE ALL THERE LICENSE FEES AND CERTIFICATIONS across the board. Even the JR dragster parents have to pony up double for there crumb crunchers permit's to race this season. The cost for sportsman chassis was $75.00 and now is $150. The kick in the pants is that the southern tracks that opened a month ago had there chassis for 09 charged at the lower rate and now us northerner's have to pay more than our southern racers due to the change being made after some tracks opened. The reasoning NHRA gave is that times are tough and they need more money?!?!?! :evil: Just like government, they charge more cuz they can and we have to have the certification. You may desire to check into any outlaw track. They don't care about certifications and are just as safe to race at. NHRA is not looking out for us sportsman racers. The cert is only a safety check, a .25 cent sticker and 20 min of one mans time if he is a little slow. You decide why the doubling of cost.
Sorry, but I have a bad attitude toward nhra since this surprise late increase.
Bruce

Bruce thanks for making that statement. !!!!!..i been saying the same thing on here for the last 6 years about our Outlaw tracks...Even most of our sanctioned tracks around here ( IHRA) is not that hard on cert stickers and all the other crap NHRA deals with

you go one hour South to Altanta ( house of speed) the closest NHRA track and they will tear your Butt up..

the last race i ran at that track was in 2003 ( NMCA)..they kept me at the tech station forever...i made 4 passes..the 1st 3 passes i kept above the 10 second range (10/teens) on my 4th pass i busted off a 9.92et and they booted me out of the track and said not to bring it back again..It was a Tube frame 63 Bug..built as safe as most of the high 9 low 10 second cars..but it didn't have a cert sticker..

Now i just go to Altanta as a spectator......NHRA SUX ......Outlaw/IHRA is the place to be .(IMO)

Here is a pic of my Last Run at a NHRA track.( Atlanta "House of Speed")

its a little dark but you can make out the VW

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...swain/bug6.jpg

suicidebomb 04-22-2009 04:37 PM

BEAST477 04-22-2009 05:13 PM

Hey Bruce if you want come on over to US 131 i'll save you a pit spot we'll take good care of you. Man i'm glad i got my cert done last month. NHRA cert but i run IHRA. Makes the car worth more in a buyers eyes.

TopspeedLowet 04-23-2009 03:21 AM

Thanks Mike, I am not mad at my track though. My track operator's (the Leadford's) are spitting mad about this with us. They are the ones pondering the outlaw track option in the future. They are not big fans of nhra's fee's and rules either. I may possibly take you up on the pit offer reguardles. I need to sell the Beretta body this year and could use the extra exposure. We are pushing the 7.49 ET tag.
Bruce