PDA

View Full Version : Larry Larson

TheYellaBrick
08-18-2013, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WlTYwpZV8M

Swiley383
08-18-2013, 02:35 PM
I like the fact that it is a real STEEL car and agree with him on not liking the fiberglass cars in the class. I still want to see the street outlaw guys do drag week or a least challenge each other to a competition.

itsabird
08-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks brick, i enjoyed that.

curtisreed
08-19-2013, 03:33 AM
Larry had his car at Tulsa for our divisional in 2012 running in Comp Eliminator. It was fun seeing it roll in the gate then race at 200mph. He ran even faster when drag week rolled around. They started and ended here last year.

Curtis

bjuice
08-20-2013, 06:20 PM
The Turbos have dominated in Outlaw type drag racing. Larry Larson is another product of the turbo generation. NEVER would any Nitrous or supercharged car from the past make that drive and run what Larson Does only a well built fine tuned turbo car could pull that off... a good ice cooler intercooled turbo car can sit in stagging all day and leave at 110 degrees and go thru under 130 degrees on KILL No playing on the line with any thought of burning these guys down...
Also the problem is not with the fiberglass itself..the issue is the extreme tube frames they are sitting these fiberglass bodys on giving them the option of moving the weight where they want it.

TheYellaBrick
08-20-2013, 09:23 PM
You'll note LL pulls no trailer nor has a chase rig, and runs the streets and hiways on the slicks he races on. Or am I mistaken ..... :shock:

bjuice
08-21-2013, 04:34 AM
I have watched several Vids and read a few articles on Larry cause this is the type of Racing that really Interest me...

to my understanding he will make the drive in ET streets which is a DOT tire....making him street legal..he will make a Pass in those Tires as well ...but he will also change out to slicks. There is a segment vid on his run in Vegas where he changed out to slicks to make the pass and back to ET streets and cruised downtown Vegas

Some guys have been able to make the ET streets work well but they normally will not hook like a slick.

This is Turbo's at its best....

oldandtired
08-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I have watched several Vids and read a few articles on Larry cause this is the type of Racing that really Interest me...

to my understanding he will make the drive in ET streets which is a DOT tire....making him street legal..he will make a Pass in those Tires as well ...but he will also change out to slicks. There is a segment vid on his run in Vegas where he changed out to slicks to make the pass and back to ET streets and cruised downtown Vegas

Some guys have been able to make the ET streets work well but they normally will not hook like a slick.

This is Turbo's at its best....

I have not been to a Power Tour event, but I imagine they change the rockers (up the ratio) to run.