PDA

View Full Version : TSA need to geat real

oldandtired
11-19-2010, 05:53 AM
http://tinyurl.com/34na597

slowmotion
11-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Don't like it, don't fly.

Do you think terrorist are beyond strapping a bomb or weapon to a kid? Like the gentleman they interviewed, maybe they could try to make it a game to the kids so they are more willing.

TheRabbit
11-19-2010, 01:44 PM
She started crying because she lost her teddy bear. Shouldn't have taken the dam teddy bear flying anyway.
I think the little girl is a brat and the dad should have been embarrassed to show it. JMO
Maybe it's just me, but my dad would have beat my azz right in front of everybody if I started crying when the security took my teddy bear!!!!!

You hear people complain about the TSA, but if there is a bomb then they complain because the TSA did not check thorough enough.

TheYellaBrick
11-22-2010, 07:39 PM
No effing way is ANYone going to 'search'(molest) my kids, grandkids or wife !

http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/11/young-boy-strip-searched-and-other-tsa-horror-stories.php

-----------

Tod74
11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
IT'S a small price to pay guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLW0jKKRXMo

MEMRACING62
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Would rather be felt up than blown up :!: :!:

slowmotion
11-22-2010, 11:10 PM
No effing way is ANYone going to 'search'(molest) my kids, grandkids or wife !

http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/11/young-boy-strip-searched-and-other-tsa-horror-stories.php

-----------

The news here said the father removed the boys shirt to speed the process.

Like I said before. If you don't like it don't fly. Nobody has to fly. Flying is a privilege not a right. Aren't the airlines private businesses? Shouldn't they be able to make their own rules? McDonald's makes hoosiers put on a shirt and shoes before they can order a Big Mac. Why isn't it ok for airlines to do the best to keep somebody from killing thousands of people.

At what point in this country did we go from, "The customer is always right" to "The customer can do whatever the hell he wants and you have to deal with it"?

TheYellaBrick
11-23-2010, 07:57 AM
If we learned from the Israel and used their VERY effective although 'POLITICALLY INCORRECT' methods We the People would be safer AND freeer.
What all this 'searching' of American citizens is doing is 'conditioning' U.S. to be lambs before they slaughter U.S. It's called the Overton Window.
Introduce outlandish 'conditions' on the public, wait through the outcry, then 'back off' a tad to an uncomfortable yet 'acceptable' level. Then repeat the process again and again until THEY 'OWN' the general population.
I'll bet THIS guy thinks twice about flying ever again.;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news

JEFF69Z28
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
If we just killed them all we would not have to worry about them!!

TheRabbit
11-23-2010, 08:51 AM
If I were flying with a small child I would tell him long before we got to the airport about what to expect and explain to him it is for our own safety. Would then go through it with him as if I was the TSA inspector.
If they know ahead of time it will not be near as dramatic as people are making of it.
I'd rather my child feel safe flying because EVERYONE was throughly checked than to be scared to death someobody on the plane had a bomb stuck up their azz waiting to blow at any minute.

slowmotion
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1153.snc4/149511_160526253988530_100000934691578_279879_4792 731_n.jpg

TheYellaBrick
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2010/11/sowell-airport-security.php

---------

TheYellaBrick
11-23-2010, 01:23 PM
You'll also notice that ZERO more has been reported on the 'contrails' coming out of the California coastal waters.. I'd bet my life that a Chinese sub launched a missile to show U.S. just how vulnerable we are.
All this TSA BS is to take our eyes off the ball, gang !

TheRabbit
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Do you really think the blood thirsty media would downplay a missle launched by a chinese sub and blow the TSA searches thing out of proportion to cover it up? If the military wasn't all over the area every civillian plane or media helicopter would be flying over the ocean 24 / 7 to try to find any kind of evidence they could so they would have the story.

ajk
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
You'll also notice that ZERO more has been reported on the 'contrails' coming out of the California coastal waters.. I'd bet my life that a Chinese sub launched a missile to show U.S. just how vulnerable we are.
All this TSA BS is to take our eyes off the ball, gang !While i respect your views the thought this is used as a coverup seems a stretch to me.JMO.....If a plane explosion was tracked back to a bomb placed on a child by a terrorist parent would you be blaming the TSA for not doing enough? Not trying to start a verbal war i just feel these searches are needed. AL...

JEFF69Z28
11-24-2010, 02:44 AM
All this TSA BS is to take our eyes off the ball, gang !X2
NO WAY THAT WAS A PLANE..

TheYellaBrick
11-24-2010, 07:03 AM
If you'll recall, Barry was on his 2 billion dollar 'vacation' then (BIG fail in the eyes of all the world leaders he tried to 'change'.)

Expert says no doubt it was a missile off the California coast
November 10th, 2010

Two days after a CBS news report about a possible missile launch off the coast of Los Angeles, there are few firm answers to the mystery, but many theories. On Monday evening a KCBS news helicopter filmed what appeared to be a missile launch off the coast of California, approximately 25 miles north of Catalina Island and 35 miles west of Los Angeles. Navy and Air Force officials at the Pentagon said that there no launches were planned in the area, and the U.S. Northern Command in Colorado did not detect any foreign military missile launch off the California coast. Late on Tuesday Bill Gertz of the Washington Times reported that U.S. Military officials were saying that the smoke plume may have been from an aircraft.

"While there is nothing at this time that leads the Department of Defense to believe this is a missile launch, the department and other US government agencies with expertise in aviation and space continue to look into the condensation trail seen and reported off the coast of Southern California on Monday evening," Pentagon spokesman Col. Dave Lapan told Gertz.

Others have agreed, pointing out that contrails from planes may look like the trail of a missile launch when viewed from certain angles.

But one notable expert disagrees, and states categorically that it was a missile launch.

"It’s a solid propellant missile" Richardson told the London Times

Doug Richardson, is the editor of Jane’s Missiles and Rockets, the British-published defense industry authority. Jane’s military publications date back to 1898, and are acknowledged for its expertise in the field. Richardson examined the video for the Times of London and said he was left with little doubt that what some insist was a contrail from a jet was in fact a missile. Richardson said it could have been a ballistic missile launched from a submarine.

"It’s a solid propellant missile," he told the Times. "You can tell from the efflux [smoke]."

If Richardson is right, and his resume leads one to believe that he may be, several questions arise, all of them troubling. The first is, who is responsible? An obvious, and likely answer is China. With Obama flying the flag in south east Asia and pushing U.S. interests, the Chinese may have seen fit to fire a warning shot across the bow, asserting their claim over that part of the Pacific in dramatic fashion. With Obama politically bloodied in last week’s elections, the Chinese may have decided, as the Soviets did in 1962 with JFK, that a weak administration allows Beijing to flex its muscle. Likewise, the Russians may be responsible, with similar, though less compelling, motivation.

With Obama heading to South Korea for a G20 summit, North Korea is also suspect. The communist dictatorship of Kim Jong-Il recently showed off its military capabilities by launching ICBMs. But the North Korean Navy has about 20 outdated and slow submarines, making their culpability less likely. Other possibilities include Islamic terrorists or Iran – or both. Neither is known to have such capabilities.

A second, and more troubling question, is how can this have happened without our knowledge? Surely the Pentagon, or CIA or NSA has the capability to track this type of threat to the country. And if not, why not? Is there a substantial fall off in American defense capacity, or a new means of evading our monitoring devices? If either is the case, than the dismissal of the event as contrails, in order to not alarm the public, makes sense.

From: www.examiner.com/conservative-in-san-fra...the-california-coast

TheYellaBrick
11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/130549-next-step-for-body-scanners-could-be-trains-boats-and-the-metro-

Tod74
11-24-2010, 03:32 PM
All this TSA BS is to take our eyes off the ball, gang !While i respect your views the thought this is used as a coverup seems a stretch to me.JMO.....If a plane explosion was tracked back to a bomb placed on a child by a terrorist parent would you be blaming the TSA for not doing enough? Not trying to start a verbal war i just feel these searches are needed. AL...

X2. I think based on how strongly you feel about this country and your great Patriotism and support for military etc...that you of all people would WANT TO step up security. I also agree with the part about blaming the TSA if something happened.( my post is made with respect).

MEMRACING62
11-24-2010, 03:56 PM

X2. I think based on how strongly you feel about this country and your great Patriotism and support for military etc...that you of all people would WANT TO step up security. I also agree with the part about blaming the TSA if something happened.( my post is made with respect). X3

alteredpilot55
11-24-2010, 08:32 PM
So the same government, that says it's a good thing, to strip and cavity search, Gramma, or YOUR child, says that it is wrong, to ask an illeagal immigrant, to prove they are in this country legally? Yup, I feel much safer.

TheRabbit
11-25-2010, 05:12 AM
So the same government, that says it's a good thing, to strip and cavity search, Gramma, or YOUR child, says that it is wrong, to ask an illeagal immigrant, to prove they are in this country legally? Yup, I feel much safer.

We could go on and on and on about the stupid things our government does, has done and will do, but you let something happend with a bomb on a plane then everyone will bitch because not enough was done.
I prefer Preventive Maintenance myself instead of sitting back and bitching about what should have been done to save those lives that were lost.
How 'bout expalain to the families of the passengers on Flight 11, Flight 175, Flight 77, Flight 93 you do not want to have a body search because it is invading your privacy. Look those little kids in the eyes's and tell them that a search was not worth their parents lives or all that died in 911.
All they used to hijack those planes was old metal razor blades / box cutters and now days you can get plastic razor blades.

For those that do not like our governmet why not do your part to be elected and help change it. It's not as easy as you think to run the most important country in the world and still give citizens their freedom to do as they want to.

TheYellaBrick
11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Could the TSA searches have caught the REAL threats to American's ?
I think not......The very last paragraph is the heart of the situation...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_on_re_us/us_portland_car_bomb_plot

--------------

TheRabbit
11-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Could the TSA searches have caught the REAL threats to American's ?
I think not......The very last paragraph is the heart of the situation...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_on_re_us/us_portland_car_bomb_plot

--------------

And some folks don't want to get searched to get on a plane.

Tod74
11-27-2010, 08:38 AM
I guarantee you those TSA searches would have found the box cutters used to hijack the planes on 9-11-01.

TheYellaBrick
11-29-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2010/11/the-problem-is-leadership-not-body-scanners.php

----------

slowmotion
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2010/11/the-problem-is-leadership-not-body-scanners.php

----------

"So let's be clear that body scanners are not the problem. They are the symptom. The problem is our leadership in Washington"

WRONG. I am no fan of the government. The leadership may not be handling things correctly but the problem is people that want us dead. Muslim Extremeists, terrorist, crazies or whoever. If it wasn't for them trying to blow us up, we wouldn't have these problems.

TheRabbit
11-29-2010, 01:32 PM

----------

"So let's be clear that body scanners are not the problem. They are the symptom. The problem is our leadership in Washington"

WRONG. I am no fan of the government. The leadership may not be handling things correctly but the problem is people that want us dead. Muslim Extremeists, terrorist, crazies or whoever. If it wasn't for them trying to blow us up, we wouldn't have these problems.

X50! What we have to do is be a step ahead of them to prevent it. Which is harder doing something or preventing something? Preventing and one huge problem we have is some stick their head in the dirt and say it want happen again, then the rest cant agree on what to do or how to prevent it. Oh and lets not hurt anybody's feeling in the mean time.

TheYellaBrick
12-01-2010, 06:02 AM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/mother-kept-in-glass-cage-for-almost-an-hour-by-tsa-for-resisting-over-breast-milk.html

----------------

TheYellaBrick
12-01-2010, 06:03 AM
http://newsok.com/woman-in-wheelchair-%20%20and-underwear-misses-flight-at-will-rogers-blames-%20%20tsa/article/3519691

----------------

ajk
12-01-2010, 06:23 AM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/mother-kept-in-glass-cage-for-almost-an-hour-by-tsa-for-resisting-over-breast-milk.html

---------------- Not sure how much water some of these web sites and publications hold with me. Many seem "i said seem" like manafestos with advertisment. Not sure i personally can jump on board yet and agree with what they print or post. Not saying thay are wrong just some seem waaaay out there to me.. JMO AL

Tod74
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
THE guys bitching about the searches would be on here ranting and raving and blaming everyone from OBAMA to Santa Clause if another 9-11 happened. If you don't like it don't fly.

Scooterz
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
The airlines are mighty gun-shy...

There is NO WAY in HELL they would strip search/violate my little daughter/son, touch them inappropriately, unnecessarily remove clothing, or treat them like terrorists!! Seriously??? Spoiled brat kid or not... Come on people.

The Jews lined up like SHEEP to be gassed/killed in Nazi camps too!!! No thanks!!! Right is right, wrong is wrong. If we let them... them will. My little 7 year old daughter is not a suicide bomber, Taliban, Ji-Hadist, or airline hi-jacker. She is a small town kid in AMERICA!!! If we have to violate our kids to be safe, then I WILL DRIVE the damn car. They are welcome to search us within reason, check the teddy bears, scan my luggage, see my shoes, etc... LAY A HAND ON MY KID INAPPROPRIATELY & I AM GOING TO TURN INTO A SECURITY THREAT. BY DEFAULT.

Is this what it has come to? Shall we just go ahead & get micro-chips implanted into our skin now??? Maybe we can have government installed cameras in our bathrooms for them to watch too. Have we gotten so desensitized to bureaucracy & shock of the government IMPOSING themselves on us that we accept this BS??? Crazy to me. JMO. Scoot

Scooterz
12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
THE guys bitching about the searches would be on here ranting and raving and blaming everyone from OBAMA to Santa Clause if another 9-11 happened. If you don't like it don't fly.

Yeah, all within reason Tod. You want to get your glory-hole examined by a government official in an airport??? Pucker-up sonny boy.... that day will come if you keep the passive attitude. It does not take a 911 anymore.... that ship has sailed. All it takes now is YOUR APPROVAL to let them go as far as you will let them. Just like Jews lining up up to die.... ask Santa Clause or Obama about that one.

Tod74
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Yeah, all within reason Tod. You want to get your glory-hole examined by a government official in an airport??? Pucker-up sonny boy.... that day will come if you keep the passive attitude. It does not take a 911 anymore.... that ship has sailed. All it takes now is YOUR APPROVAL to let them go as far as you will let them. Just like Jews lining up up to die.... ask Santa Clause or Obama about that one.

I think your first sentence sums it up best. "All within reason" and I agree.

but no...in my opinion the 9-11 ship hasn't sailed.They still want us dead. ALL OF US.

So what is the answer?I don't know. Obviously none of us want to be cavity searched.This is still America (for now anyway). But you can't argue the fact that more thourough searches would have prevented 9-11.

I still say if another terror attack happened there would be threads all over this section blaming the current administration with talk of obama not doing enough to continue the war on terror etc. Anyone that doesn't think so hasn't been reading the same forum I have for the last two years. jmo

TheRabbit
12-01-2010, 03:47 PM

My little 7 year old daughter is not a suicide bomber, Taliban, Ji-Hadist, or airline hi-jacker. She is a small town kid in AMERICA!!! JMO. Scoot

Scooter by no means do I mean disrespect to you/ I know your daughter is not all or any of the above, but what about the people / kids that are? You can't search every 100 person and be effective.

Their are many that have been taught them that the sacrifice of a life is an honorable thing if they are killing an enemy.
You can't reason with someone that wants you dead at no expense spared.
If everyone were like us ( the rj clan) it would be a perfect world.

Scooterz
12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Sometimes I feel like a naive American who still believes that we we should not have to ask permission to breathe. Fact is, I get so damn fired up about all this stuff... I didn't mean to sound like such as smart ass Tod... I just feel like we all are standing around watching America be taken away from us one small piece at a time...

My reaction to some of this nonsense is naturally resist standardizing everything, resist all things that might look socialized, make noise when stupid bills are being introduced, etc... no government official is going to lay a hand on my kid without my full consent. period. end of story.

If we go to sleep- they are awake. If we look they other way, they are on our blindside. If we approve, they take more. If we let go, they hang on.

A man in Oregon shot a robber in a coffee stand. He killed the guy.. it happened about 2 weeks ago. The robber was armed, had a record, warrant for his arrest I think... bad guy. Should the coffee shop employee be punished??? Hell no. Will he??? Maybe... it is still being discussed on the news. This is what I mean folks- that scenario should have been an "open & shut" case. There are so many reasons now to protect the criminal. So many things about the victim are scrutinized now... when he had every right to protect his life. Common sense.... ITS GONE.

My point: Our rights are not what they should be. If we don't kick & scream every time something stupid is imposed on us, we will not have any more rights. Thomas Jefferson has already warned us about our demise if we do not protect them. JMO.

TheRabbit
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
But it's not the government taking anything away from us. They are trying to protect us on this one. What if they didn't check anybody?
I live close to one of the nuclear plants that was one of the original targets of 911. I would probably not be here if they didn't change their plan. The government didn't take away our freedom to ride a plane without the searching the Taliban did. Be mad at them not the guys that are protecting you, me and your daughter so we can travel around our country freely.

Scooterz
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM

My little 7 year old daughter is not a suicide bomber, Taliban, Ji-Hadist, or airline hi-jacker. She is a small town kid in AMERICA!!! JMO. Scoot

Scooter by no means do I mean disrespect to you/ I know your daughter is not all or any of the above, but what about the people / kids that are? You can't search every 100 person and be effective.

Their are many that have been taught them that the sacrifice of a life is an honorable thing if they are killing an enemy.
You can't reason with someone that wants you dead at no expense spared.
If everyone were like us ( the rj clan) it would be a perfect world.

No disrespect taken Wabbit. You have a good point. Here is mine: If we can guide a missile from a satellite thousands of miles away & destroy exactly what we want to, I think they can figure out a way to scan a potential bomb material/threat on a child. To my knowledge, I have not heard of a kid/toddler who has blown up a plane... but I would not put it past the Taliban or other extremists. Things are pretty well buttoned up after 911. Think about it- what extremists have gotten away with hi-jacking & causing more harm to Americans in the air & our turf at the same time since 911??? They can keep their hands off my kids. Besides, at the end of the day my faith is not in the government to protect me... or some $9.00/hour airport employee either. BUT MY KIDS, THEY EXPECT ME TO PROTECT THEM... MY BIGGEST RESPONSIBILITY IN LIFE. That is why I am given sharp senses, common sense, a sound mind, etc... my creator is who gives me protection through my spirit to sense that something is wrong. It is that fight or flight feeling... ironically "flight" means to run away. I know what flight I need to be on or off. We all have the ability to fight or get on the flight. By no means will I minimize what happened on 911. This has made us much more cautious about air-travel unfortunately. The terrorists are training for something new now; they are not interested in figuring out how to beat new airport security measures... they want us dead another way now. Be it a Muslim takeover eventually, biological chemicals, nuclear, government takeover, whatever.

Double/D has a point I think. These are cunning & diabolical terrorists now. Take our eye off the ball & BANG!!!! Perfect strategy. You think I am paranoid??? Maybe. Maybe not. One thing is for sure, I WISH THE WORLD WAS LIKE IT IS RIGHT HERE ON RJ W/ FOLKS LIKE YOU GUYS.

ajk
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Take a bus its cheaper. Takes longer but no search.

ajk
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
THE guys bitching about the searches would be on here ranting and raving and blaming everyone from OBAMA to Santa Clause if another 9-11 happened. If you don't like it don't fly.x2

TheYellaBrick
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2010/12/adamo-oregon-terrorism-reflects-vanishing-american-culture.php

-----------------

TheRabbit
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Take a bus its cheaper. Takes longer but no search.
For now!

Scooterz
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I understand, I also feel pretty safe these last 9 years since 911. Lets face it, they anit going to find what they are looking for in my kids teddy-bear or in my sons GI Joe action figure... they are welcome to check it... but lay a hand inappropriately on my kid...

Reminder: Do you guys remember the article someone posted here about the little kid who brought a tiny Lego gun to school & got expelled??? This is what I am talking about. Common sense is getting more rare. Let me ask you... how well do the airlines seem to be doing in the financial department these days??? Maybe some of that is that they have made it too RIDICULOUS for people to fly. The NAZI security is bad enough as it is.

Be it government or airport security, cops, lawyers or judges: let them push you around like a bunch of sheep & they will. We still have some rights I guess... while we focus on over-the-top security on airports & the airline cops & are interrogating our babies, believe me the terrorists are working on a better, easier way to kill us.