PDA

View Full Version : How sweet it is....my new 69 camaro....FINALLY!

shaybliss71
07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Well....after many years of waiting, a lot of looking, lots of hard work, saving lots of $$, and selling my first and only project car that I had for about 15 years....I FINALLY got the ride I always wanted......Needless to say....Im as happy as a puppy with two peters! Ha
[url][ihttp://a.imageshack.us/img15/2837/copyofmisc98053.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/copyofmisc98053.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)mg][/img]

MEMRACING62
07-24-2010, 02:33 PM
congrats!!! looks sharp!! :D

BEAST477
07-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Looks good. Have you had it to the track yet?

spib
07-25-2010, 07:01 AM
DAMN NICE!!!!!!!

stinger124
07-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Beautiful Machine !! The 69 has always been my fav !!

vrelectric
07-25-2010, 12:49 PM
very nice congrats and best of luck with it!

shaybliss71
07-25-2010, 05:28 PM
congrats!!! looks sharp!! :D

Thanks! Cant wait to get her out to the track..

Tod74
07-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Beautiful car. Is it all original?

shaybliss71
07-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Looks good. Have you had it to the track yet?
Thanks! I bought it as a roller. I still have my motor and trans from my old car, but its been really hot here in GA (100 plus ) and not so fun in the ol garage. Plus my friends ( who also has my motor and trans ) have been out racing and to busy to help get her ready for the track. So if all goes well in the next few weeks I should have her ready to go. Its pretty painful when you got a awesome new ride and all you can do is watch every one else go race! Just a matter of time and then its on....Ha

shaybliss71
07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
DAMN NICE!!!!!!!

Now if I can just get her to the track!

shaybliss71
07-25-2010, 05:46 PM
very nice congrats and best of luck with it!

Thanks. Lots of fun to be had. I cant wait..

shaybliss71
07-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Beautiful car. Is it all original?
Thanks! I assume your asking if its an all new ride. I bought it done and as a roller. It was built by vprc about 7 or 8 years ago. Im the 3rd owner, but its never been raced. First guy never finished it and the 2nd owner bought it as a roller and finished it. But he never took it to the track as he already had a couple of other cars. So he decided to sell and thats when I picked her up. Thats one of the things I really liked about the car. Its about as close to new as you can get. Really looking forward to taking her out to the track...

TheRabbit
07-26-2010, 05:58 AM
I love the old (and new) camaro's. Never liked the 80's though. Nice ride, and yes, it is hot as help in Ga. "A dog with two peters." Just hope he don't pee on your new tires. LOL.

So whatcha putting in it. Corvette motor? Sorry guys, couldn't help it.

hammertime
07-26-2010, 07:47 PM
nice car !!

MegaOlds
07-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I always liked the 69 RS with the hidden headlights.

It looks nice and low, are you sure you don't have the motor and trans in there already. :lol:

Have fun !!!

bowtie4542001
07-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Nice ride, where in Ga are you located. I am in Douglasville, about 30 min west of Six Flags.

Chris

lively
07-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Nice ride, where in Ga are you located. I am in Douglasville, about 30 min west of Six Flags.

Chris

man--YOU JUST WANTING TO DRIVE IT!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: AIN'T YEH :lol: :lol:

bowtie4542001
07-28-2010, 05:36 AM

Chris

man--YOU JUST WANTING TO DRIVE IT!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: AIN'T YEH :lol: :lol:

You Got me :D :D Man your good!

Chris

shaybliss71
07-28-2010, 06:17 PM
I love the old (and new) camaro's. Never liked the 80's though. Nice ride, and yes, it is hot as help in Ga. "A dog with two peters." Just hope he don't pee on your new tires. LOL.

So whatcha putting in it. Corvette motor? Sorry guys, couldn't help it.

Corvette motor? Howed ya know! No.... Its a 489 built for a procharger. The procharger will have to be later.

shaybliss71
07-28-2010, 06:22 PM
nice car !!
Thank you!

shaybliss71
07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I always liked the 69 RS with the hidden headlights.

It looks nice and low, are you sure you don't have the motor and trans in there already. :lol:

Have fun !!!

Hey thanks. Yes I worked real hard gettin those hidden headlights to hide just right. Ha

shaybliss71
07-28-2010, 06:30 PM

Chris
Hi Chris. Thanks a lot. Have you had your opal out yet? I live about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. My friends and I usually go to Commerce, Pairadise and sometimes Silver Dollar down south. and NO you cant drive it! Ha... :P

cepx111
07-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Bitchin ride dude.

I got a 69 myself.

Cant go wrong with a big iron either - my N/A 496 hauls the mail>Cp

bowtie4542001
07-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Chris
Hi Chris. Thanks a lot. Have you had your opal out yet? I live about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. My friends and I usually go to Commerce, Pairadise and sometimes Silver Dollar down south. and NO you cant drive it! Ha... :P

I haven't got my Opel to the track yet, I am waiting on my alcohol carb and then I have to get some headers made. Its getting close though. Maybe we can meet up one weekend at the track.

Chris

traysvega
07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Sweet ride for sure.Love the paint scheme...I'll be checking back in to see the track times....Stay safe and keep her straight... :wink:

shaybliss71
07-31-2010, 06:22 PM

Chris

I haven't got my Opel to the track yet, I am waiting on my alcohol carb and then I have to get some headers made. Its getting close though. Maybe we can meet up one weekend at the track.

Chris

Sounds good Chris. I assume you head out to Commerce when you go? Several of my friends who race all get together and head out there several times a year.
We started droping in the motor today. Made some headway, but now its parts ordering time. I will hopefully have her ready to go and out for the first time around mid September.....I hope!
Let me know as you think you might be heading to the track and vs.

shaybliss71
07-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Sweet ride for sure.Love the paint scheme...I'll be checking back in to see the track times....Stay safe and keep her straight... :wink:

Hey..thanks a lot! Those utube videos you did are awesome! What set-up did you use to pull that off?

bowtie4542001
08-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Chris

Chris

Sounds good Chris. I assume you head out to Commerce when you go? Several of my friends who race all get together and head out there several times a year.
We started droping in the motor today. Made some headway, but now its parts ordering time. I will hopefully have her ready to go and out for the first time around mid September.....I hope!
Let me know as you think you might be heading to the track and vs.

I will let you know. I sure do wish they had money trees though. It would make getting the money for the headers a whole lot easier :D

Scooterz
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Nice. Good stance, nice paint, etc... the 69 w/ RS front has to be one of the best looking muscle car front ends ever... this one sports it well.

MegaOlds
08-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey thanks. Yes I worked real hard gettin those hidden headlights to hide just right. Ha

I knew it was a fiberglass frontend, I like how they used a real grill, now all you need do is air brush paint the hidden headlight covers on there and it'll look stock.

Everybody usually puts a Z28 emblem on the grill but I think RS looks better.

I use to own a round tube chassis Nova that was real low like that, they run good on the track but avoiding bottoming out the chassis and the rest of the stuff under the car becomes a pain and is the only reason I sold that car.