PDA

View Full Version : camaro bbc brodix heads, need headers that fit

rooski67
11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Ive got a 67 camaro bbc with brodix heads. had to bend the s--t out of the headers to fit. are there any headers made that will fit without using my "get a bigger hammer skills"?
thanks
Jack

blowninjected540
11-12-2009, 02:42 AM
More info !!!! Is it a stock front end ? You may have to have a set custom made. I had to when I had my 67. Good luck

oldandtired
11-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I am guessing you have a standard height block and the BB1, 2 or 5 heads. These have exhaust ports raised .600 inch.

Dynatech makes a BBC header for your first generation Camaro with a tall deck block ( .400 taller) #500-910600.

You can call them to see if they will work.

Dave

rooski67
11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I am amazed, dynatech hasn't got a clue, brodix hasn,t got a clue. you would think that some body else in the world with a 67 camaro is running a bbc with brodix heads that has the same problem I have. guess I will order a set, see if they will work, have them coated if they fit. If not I will send them back. Actually Dynatech said they get this call all the time but she did not know it it would work. I suggested that since they get this call a lot may be they should check it out.
any way thanks for the help
Jack

Scooterz
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Jack,

I have a 69 w/a BBC (std deck). I have BBC Hooker Super comp's... manual steering (stock). They are not fun to put in!! Next set will be custom made. 2 major issues: w/a 1st generation body & BBC w/ stock front end, you can see there are certain clearance issues. If I remember, one is the movement of the center link hitting the header. If you have a larger pan like me, you will have less steering availability w/ the tie rods hitting the pan when done. To me it is not that bad, but really easy to justify R&P steering instead. I chucked the fender wells, not enough room to work in there... also, invest in some 62 thousandths copper gaskets. Nothing like having to change out the crap ones & hardly any room to work. If I could do it all over again, I would pay good money to have custom fit headers!! Good luck!!