PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to plug or patch frontrunners?

schultzeracing
07-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I am not sure if it is safe to patch or plug a frontrunner, must have ran over a nail unloading it today, just not sure what to do in this situation hopefully someone on here has had the same problem thanks alot, Nate

itsabird
07-19-2009, 07:42 PM
i run mt front fronts, ran over a nibbler chip and ruined one, they are very thin, i pitched it. patch may work, i felt better getting a new tire.

kbartley
07-23-2009, 06:53 AM
I agree, X2. A patch (maybe). I would never plug a race tire because the first thig you have to do is ream the hole for the plug.

whitey70ss
07-23-2009, 07:04 AM
I drive a truck for a living and if I get a hole in the steer tire of my truck I pitch the tire , it not about saving money at that point its your life or someone elses.

hollowayshotrods
07-29-2009, 06:38 AM
I drive a truck for a living and if I get a hole in the steer tire of my truck I pitch the tire , it not about saving money at that point its your life or someone elses.

I agree 100%.

Schultze,
By asking it tells me you have given this more than a fleeting thought.
I not only believe it is a safety issue, I believe there may be a mental aspect to it as well. You don't want any distractions in that 1/8th or qtr, having even a .001 thought about that tire durung a run, could cost you a W.
Later