PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Corvette

zipper06
09-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Anyone got any experience with Corvettes, particularly a 1990 vette. I'm hving a problem with the fuel system. It will run for a few minutes then shut down, or it might run for a few miles and shut down. I put in a new fuel pump and am now looking to replace the fuel filter and relay. First i don't know where the fuel filter is located (i think behind the passenger inter fender panel) But the relay is another ? i don't have a clue where it is and the Factory manuel doen't deal with this.

O'h forgot to add it will start back up in a couple hrs. and repeat the same cycle.

thanks in advance

Zip.

mytmouz
09-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Zip, where did you get the pump? I had this issue on a Camaro I picked up that was doing this and a new pump from a national chain store did the same thing. The new one was about 3 psi too low to work properly. Got a new one from GM ( cost was about the same) and it has been running tip top for about 3 years now...

zipper06
09-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I put a new Bosch pump in and it didn't change anything, the computer module is about 4 yrs. old and could be the source. I've owned this car since Dec 1998, when it runs it runs great, but has been an electrical nitemare, the key board has been rebuilt, the gas gage works good off and on, the tach has never worked, it's always had seatbelt fault displayed, and now recently it has 1 to 4 fault displayed, i don't have a clue what this means. The car is not saleable in it's present condition, although i do like the car and the 25mpg @ 70mph, and it's clean with under 100,000 miles. i don't have a code reader and neither does anyone else that i know of in the area. All this combined plus the car is a real bitch to work on sitting so low and without a rack with everything cramped into small area's.
Gimme a Blown alcohol, or injected race car anytime, even carberated and i can get from point A to B, maybe that's the solution turn this thing into a race and be happy.
O'K enough ranting :oops:

Thanks to those who PM'ed me on possible solutions

Zip.

fla1976
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
If you are anywhere near an Autozone, they usually can scan your trouble codes. Most of them have the free diagnostic service, if you can get the car there.

zipper06
09-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks fla1976, i'm 8 miles away, and there's a good chance i would have to walk the last 4. as a matter of fact i was half way there the first time it happened last fall. I did buy the Bosch pump from them. Really i'm afraid to leave my driveway, it's that unpredictable. We have been having nasty weather here and i have a ton of yard to cleanup since the last Hurricane, then i'll get back on it and figure it out. I've had a few PM's that i think will help.

Thanks for helping

Zip.