PDA

View Full Version : ATK HP ENGINES **Needs Engine Builders & Dyno Techs**

Notalent
06-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Not sure if this is the right area or acceptable, but.....

ATK/VEGE is North America's largest private label remanufacturer of Automotive engines. We have locations throughout the USA, Mexico, and Canada and are continuing to grow through world class Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Distribution. Our High performance Division is growing at 75%(annualized revenue) and offers the right candidates ground floor opportunity to join a young, agressive, entrepreneurial team of "Gearheads".

ATK/VEGE has recently formed a Motorsports Division in both Desert and Drag Racing. Our drag truck was built and profiled recently on Spike TV in the "Trucks" series. Visit our website at www.high-performance-engines.com.

ATK /VEGE is seeking an experienced engine builder with past experience in a performnace based program to join our team. knowledge of boring, honing and assembly operations required. ASE-A1 Certification a must. This position is located in the Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas area. If you have the necessary qualifications, a positive attude, desire to succeed, likes to have fun, and likes to race, then do just that, race in your responce to this add and lets hear from you!

Monster Link:
http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=60410567&JobTitle=Engine+Builder&q=ATK+NOrth+America&rad=20&rad_units=miles&brd=1&cy=us&vw=b&AVSDM=2008-04-10+17%3a26%3a00&pg=1&seq=3

vincef
06-06-2008, 09:06 AM
In my best judgement I would say to keep this crap off here - its a form of SPAM.... if we wanted a diff job we would look for one - thanks.

slowmotion
06-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Just bought an engine from them. A very mild 454 for my altered. Dropped it in and haven't got to run it yet.

Notalent
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM
In my best judgement I would say to keep this crap off here - its a form of SPAM.... if we wanted a diff job we would look for one - thanks.

Hey, its relative...you learn alot in the process... :D Just trying to help out people who are in the need of a great career...lots of companys laying off big time...including GM if you havent heard....DOH!

Notalent
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Just bought an engine from them. A very mild 454 for my altered. Dropped it in and haven't got to run it yet.

Dennis?

slowmotion
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM

Dennis?

Yep
:D

Notalent
06-09-2008, 05:58 AM

Dennis?

Yep

Haha...Good running into you. So whats the delay, why is the motor not in?

Brandon 8)

OneBadGMC
06-09-2008, 07:40 AM

ATK/VEGE is North America's largest private label remanufacturer of Automotive engines. We have locations throughout the USA, Mexico, and Canada and are continuing to grow through world class Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Distribution. Our High performance Division is growing at 75%(annualized revenue) and offers the right candidates ground floor opportunity to join a young, agressive, entrepreneurial team of "Gearheads".

ATK/VEGE has recently formed a Motorsports Division in both Desert and Drag Racing. Our drag truck was built and profiled recently on Spike TV in the "Trucks" series. Visit our website at www.high-performance-engines.com.

ATK /VEGE is seeking an experienced engine builder with past experience in a performnace based program to join our team. knowledge of boring, honing and assembly operations required. ASE-A1 Certification a must. This position is located in the Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas area. If you have the necessary qualifications, a positive attude, desire to succeed, likes to have fun, and likes to race, then do just that, race in your responce to this add and lets hear from you!

That was your slow ass truck motor? LOL

edvancedengines
06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Not to be a smart alec sir, but what you are asking for in this ad pretty much eliminates anyone in the DFW area that is worth a crap.

ASE-A1 Certification a must

I know most of the good and some maybe not so good builders here and Nobody gives a spit about certification programs. We actually consider it a joke. Yes' you will find several who do have the certifictions you are asking for if you stick an ad in the Dallas Morning News or the Ft Worth Star Telegram. Don't expect good race motors from them though.

Ed

signsbyesa
06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
gee if the company is asking for clowns (i.e.), let him get clowns,
you should just wish him good luck, and if the guys at joe's racing
garage are'nt certified thats what they choose, techs that are
certified will have more opportunities coming their way. and if we
want a non-certified guy to build a race motor thats our choice,
but let him run his ad, it might employ someone and thats good.
if it does not purtain to your career, well good luck :shock:

slowmotion
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM

Dennis?

Yep

Brandon 8)

Time and money, Not enough of each one, lol.
Really though we are waiting on the water pump to come back from Shogun. Otherwise, it's really close to going. I really thought it'd be done already. We've only had one round of eliminations this year in our points classes. the rest have rained out. I make the joke that my car isn't done and I'm tied for 3rd in points. :roll:

I'll be sure to post the results when we get some good passes.

Good luck with finding your help.

edvancedengines
06-10-2008, 02:11 PM
As I said, I was not trying to be smart alec. I was trying to offer sound advice based on what is available in the area where is seeking. I know most of what is available and their capabilities and I do not know any of the better guys who give a rats butt about getting certified. You will find your certified guys working for the production rebuilders that are rebuilding mom and pop's grocery getter.

if it does not purtain to your career, well good luck

Nothing I ever post on any board is pertaining to my career or income or lack of income. I make posts for the most part for the purpose of helping others. That is what I was doing here.

Go into any Engine Builder's shop or place of work here that is capable of building serious high horsepowered racing engines and look for their credentials or certifications. You won't see any. You will however see those proudly displayed on the walls of larger mechanic shops, or auto parts store machine shops, or quick production rebulder shops.

So yes' It is his choice about what he is seeking to hire. I was only putting in a helpful word as I often try to do on any subject here.

It may be a great opportunity for a guy with the capabilities and knowledge who is a racing engine builder for real for example working for Reher Morrison, or for Hans, etc. The certificaton requirement keeps him out and limits those they will have respond to only the average or worse, so they pick from the best whom applied, but because of their requirements they can not choose of the best who could give them what they want.

Ed

signsbyesa
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
amen brother :wink:

lively
06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
JUAT BECAUSE A MAN HAS THE CERTIFICATIONS DOES NOT MAKE HIM A GOOD BUILDER :oops: :oops: ---MY SON IN LAW IS A 5 STAR GM/CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MECHANIC[ HE HATES THE NEW CARS]--BUT HAS TROUBLE WITH OLDER BUILDS---MY BROTHER IS RETIRED FROM TEACHING AUTOMECHANICS IN COLLEGE[ HE IS CERTIFIED] BUT WILL TELL YOU THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU ABLE TO BUILD GOOD HORSEPOWER OR ENGINES THAT HOLD TOGETHER

REAL PRACTICE /TALENT/ AND CAREFUL BUILDING WORKS[ AND ALSO TO BE WILLING TO LEARN FROM SOMEONE ELSE AND OTHERS MISTAKES!!!!]

NOT TAKING SIDES BUT ED -YOU ARE RIGHT ON THIS POINT :wink: :wink:

Notalent
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM

That was your slow a$$ truck motor? LOL

Haha...yes it was our motor, but slow it was not...haha...Trucks did not match or try to match any of the components on the truck. They were all last minute donated parts. The trans/stall converter and gears did not match the engine so she ran slow. We will now be in possesion of the truck and will be swapping out the rearend and transmission and putting in more power. I get to personally start racing her.....there will be more to come out of that truck lol

Notalent
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Not to be a smart alec sir, but what you are asking for in this ad pretty much eliminates anyone in the DFW area that is worth a crap.

ASE-A1 Certification a must

I know most of the good and some maybe not so good builders here and Nobody gives a spit about certification programs. We actually consider it a joke. Yes' you will find several who do have the certifictions you are asking for if you stick an ad in the Dallas Morning News or the Ft Worth Star Telegram. Don't expect good race motors from them though.

Ed

Thats just something HR throws in there....we are open to anyone who knows there stuff. You are right, the people we have been getting resumes or calls from are jokes with the cert or straight out of school...If you know anyone looking for a job with huge oppurtunities and growth please let them know.

Notalent
06-16-2008, 11:37 AM
As I said, I was not trying to be smart alec. I was trying to offer sound advice based on what is available in the area where is seeking. I know most of what is available and their capabilities and I do not know any of the better guys who give a rats butt about getting certified. You will find your certified guys working for the production rebuilders that are rebuilding mom and pop's grocery getter.

if it does not purtain to your career, well good luck

Nothing I ever post on any board is pertaining to my career or income or lack of income. I make posts for the most part for the purpose of helping others. That is what I was doing here.

Go into any Engine Builder's shop or place of work here that is capable of building serious high horsepowered racing engines and look for their credentials or certifications. You won't see any. You will however see those proudly displayed on the walls of larger mechanic shops, or auto parts store machine shops, or quick production rebulder shops.

So yes' It is his choice about what he is seeking to hire. I was only putting in a helpful word as I often try to do on any subject here.

It may be a great opportunity for a guy with the capabilities and knowledge who is a racing engine builder for real for example working for Reher Morrison, or for Hans, etc. The certificaton requirement keeps him out and limits those they will have respond to only the average or worse, so they pick from the best whom applied, but because of their requirements they can not choose of the best who could give them what they want.

Ed

We just had to let go one of our guys who worked for Reher & Hans...did good work, but just could not make it to work on time or if at all. I would love to take another guy or two from them. I will be hitting up the local dragstrips and putting the word out. Hopefully we find people soon.

Notalent
06-16-2008, 11:42 AM

Dennis?

Yep

Brandon 8)

Time and money, Not enough of each one, lol.
Really though we are waiting on the water pump to come back from Shogun. Otherwise, it's really close to going. I really thought it'd be done already. We've only had one round of eliminations this year in our points classes. the rest have rained out. I make the joke that my car isn't done and I'm tied for 3rd in points. :roll:

I'll be sure to post the results when we get some good passes.

Good luck with finding your help.

I hear ya! Good luck with it and yes, please let me know how it all goes. Snap a few pictures if you could too! 3rd in points and you havent had to run is nice haha.

slowmotion
06-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Took the car to the track for the first time tonight. Let me start by saying The fastest I've ever been in a car was 12.90 once. My car I ran last year ran 14.60 so this is a big jump for me. The car has the wrong gear in it(4.56). We put a 5600 top end chip in it. I also was leaving at a little over idle, footbraking it.
My first pass was 6.72 @102.95. the 2nd was 6.56 @ 103.00 and the 3rd was 6.276 @ 106.25.
It comes up on the chip about 1 car length past the 1/8 mile. Which would be fine if we didn't race 1/4 mile. :roll:

The fastest 1/4 mile was 10.448 @ 107.94. That was running hard thru the 1/8 then backing off and just riding to the 1/4 finish.

slowmotion
06-24-2008, 02:56 AM
A couple of pics from last night.

http://www.racingperspectives.com/cgi-bin/store/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Bret_Kepner_Photos/Race_Cars/GIR_2008-06-23_Monday&image=BKR8-06-23_003.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_BKR8-06-23_003.jpg

Notalent
06-24-2008, 06:29 AM
A couple of pics from last night.

http://www.racingperspectives.com/cgi-bin/store/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Bret_Kepner_Photos/Race_Cars/GIR_2008-06-23_Monday&image=BKR8-06-23_003.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_BKR8-06-23_003.jpg

Wow....That is one awesome racing machine! Times look good. How did she run? 2 seconds quicker in the 1/4 time is a big leap isnt it? I remember the first time I turned 10.86 in my old chevelle...before I built that motor I was running a 13.96 with a crate motor....it felt good!

Would you mind shooting some close up pictures of the ride and emailing them to me @ [email protected] I will put them up on the website, it will make a nice addition.

slowmotion
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
We're goning to take it back nest Wed. and turn up the wick a little. My brother who has been racing 8 and 9 sec cars for years is going to make some passes on the tranny brake. It should pick up some more, not to menion he's about 40 lbs lighter than me.

When we get the lettering done, I'll be sure to send you some pics.

jmarksdragster
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Really though we are waiting on the water pump to come back from Shogun.

Throw that thing in a river, or if nothing else make it a spare. I bought one of their "Lifetime" pumps, the motor burned up during the first season. After getting it back, it wouldn't pump water. :? Get a Moroso or CSR external, my CSR has been flawless for about 3 years now.