PDA

View Full Version : Dealer is not giving back refundable Money almost 1 year ...

Roudy1
04-16-2008, 11:30 PM
A dealer who I wanted to purchase a Toterhome from has not yet returned the refundable deposit. I have tried numerous times and do not wish to travel to Independence Missouri. I have the check he cashed....

which is listed a refundable. We looked at equipment, or should I say a Truck Driver friend of mine and he said to run away from the junk. I just get the runaround.

It is a check in the amount of 15K..... Why do I need to get a lawyer to get the money back or is that the way all these guys are? Trailer he claims he ordered never came in either.... So plain and simple I want my deposit back. Has this happened to anyone else.... any advise before a Lawyer gets involved. I even had preapproval and he has limited my ability to buy elsewhere. Thanks for any help someone may have...

Scooterz
07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
You could start with a "lawer letter" ... let the dealer know that the FIRE is comming... if you are a good writer, you could do yourself- the dealer will not know if you have a legal document w/ a cover letter on good paper. I have done this & had some sucess. Tell him he has 30 days for example to execute your refundable deposit & attach you copies or documentation to the letter. Tell him a lein will be placed on his buisness for non-payment & you intend to seek criminal charges if not complete by a certain timeframe. Good luck & sorry you had this happen to you!!

suicidebomb
07-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Phone the Missouri State Attorneys General office,Jefferson city, Missouri. Consumer Fraud Hotline 1-800-392-8222, what he's doing is illegal, and you have recourse through thier office. If he doesn't respond to them, they'll start by pulling his business license. They will build a fire under his a$$, don't think they won't.They helped me get a title for a car I bought from a Missouri dealer, a while back, After feuding over it for several months, I contacted their office, I had the title in my hands in 3 days. BTW, whats this jokers name, name of his dealership, address, phone number. You might also call the city prosecuter in Independence 1-816-325-7222, and the Jackson county prosecuter 1-816-881-4488, don't be a rattlesnake and warn him you're coming, be a cobra and strike! No offense intended to Rigsby, but don't talk about fire, bring fire to his front door. These guys do not tolerate fraud! :wink:

Scooterz
07-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Now thats gittinerdunn!! Damn Suicide, you are a Cobra... knock em' dead kid!! I agree, hang him right there & be done w/ it. Yeah!!! :evil:

suicidebomb
07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Now thats gittinerdunn!! Damn Suicide, you are a Cobra... knock em' dead kid!! I agree, hang him right there & be done w/ it. Yeah!!! :evil:
THANKS, Rigsby :wink: