PDA

View Full Version : TRACTION BAR SETUP

lanham
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I just installed caltracs on a 80 chevy fullsize truck and the rear mounts are weld on mounts.I thought that my measurements was correct and after i welded the mounts on i noticed that one side was off,i measured again and it was about 1/4 off.What i am asking is shouldn't that still be ok since the tubes are adjustable.Thanks

lanham
11-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I just went ahead and cut the mounts off and reinstalled them.I found the mistake, i took measurements off the spring perches and found out the hard way that the ends are not exactly true.Anyway i welded them back on and got them right this time.

woodsman
11-17-2007, 02:34 PM
good work and glad to see it worked out for you.

lanham
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks woodsman.I am sure it would have been fine the way it was but when i do something i like to do my best to do it right.That way i don't have it on my mind all the time.

lanham
11-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Now i will just have to try and get the bars adjusted right(preload).Anyone have any tips on getting the caltracs adjusted properly.

ash
11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Am thinking that a good starting point would be to adjust them so that the stop bolt is just making contact with the top of the spring. Have someone that weighs the same as you sit in the drivers seat while you adjust them.