PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Body Parts ?

kslicks
10-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Hi, I recieved my front end from buris glass works back in june, yes it took a little longer than i was told, (ordered in march), but the product is great. I had to do a little triming around the doors, but i also droped the front end down a lttle for a raked look. It is one of the lightest i have seen out at the 3 tracks i run. When it came the whole package with the wooden shipping crate, wooden sides & top with the hood was only 51lbs total. my 13 yrold son can lift the whole front end off with the metal suports and all by himself. i have seen all different types & or brands over my 30 plus racing years to know that no one product is better than another, its what you pay for. For what i paid i think i got a great deal, except for the long wait.
THANKS, KILLER KEN
BY THE WAY ITS A 1970 CHEVELLE BACK 1/2 DRAG CAR, 2875LBS!!

sg1586
10-02-2007, 06:44 PM
If it's so perfect and fit is excellent then let's see some pictures......

kslicks
10-10-2007, 05:30 AM
I TRIED TO DOWN LOAD PICTURES BUT IT WOULD NOT LETME, IF YOU KNOW HOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW, KEN

kslicks
10-10-2007, 06:39 AM
I GOT MY PROFILE UP AND GOING WITH PICTURES, KEN

mytmouz
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Please provide a link to your profile...

kslicks
10-11-2007, 06:29 PM
HI, IF YOUR A MEMBER OF RACING JUNK JUST GO TO YOUR PROFILE AND SEARCH FOR ME "KSLICKS". ITS RIGHT THERE. KEN

lookingaround
10-12-2007, 01:34 PM
here is the link to his front end
http://www.racingjunk.com/gallery/profile/81202/27264

woodsman
10-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the link.

123car
10-12-2007, 03:56 PM
MAN THAT THING IS ROUGHER THAN A CORN COB. THANK GOODNESS FOR BONDO

kslicks
10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
THAT FUNNY, ALL I DID WAS PRIMER IT AND I HAVE RUN IT ALL YEAR. THEY SENT IT OUT WITH OUT PUTTING PRIMER ON IT AS I NEEDED IT ASAP TO GET OUT FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF POINTS. KEN

Tod74
10-12-2007, 06:31 PM
fiberglass parts don't need primer...except when block sanding to get them straight for paint. A new piece should have been black and somewhat shiney shouldn't it? I know they are never perfectly straight but they usually look pretty good.At least the Harwood stuff does.

kslicks
10-13-2007, 05:04 AM
JUST MY POINT, IT WAS STRAIGHT, LIKE I SAID ALL I DID WAS PRIMER IT. THEY ARE ALL PAINTED FROM THE FACTORY BEFOR THEY LEAVE, CALL IT PRIMER OR SEALER. SOME TIMES IT IS APLIED TO THE MOLDS FIRST, IT DEPENDS ON THE PROCES USED. ALL FIBERGLASS PARTS HAVE BONDO IN THEM WHEN THEY CUT OFF THE EXCESS FIBERGLASS AND MOLD JOINTS. SOME DO A BETTER JOB THAN OTHERS. KEN

Tod74
10-13-2007, 06:26 AM
JUST MY POINT, IT WAS STRAIGHT, LIKE I SAID ALL I DID WAS PRIMER IT. THEY ARE ALL PAINTED FROM THE FACTORY BEFOR THEY LEAVE, CALL IT PRIMER OR SEALER. SOME TIMES IT IS APLIED TO THE MOLDS FIRST, IT DEPENDS ON THE PROCES USED. ALL FIBERGLASS PARTS HAVE BONDO IN THEM WHEN THEY CUT OFF THE EXCESS FIBERGLASS AND MOLD JOINTS. SOME DO A BETTER JOB THAN OTHERS. KEN

It looks like the fit is pretty good. Are you gona paint that car eventually? or leave it primer? What kind of times ya run?I love those years of chevelle...my first car was a 72 chevelle...still have it but rarely drive it.

kslicks
10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
GONA GIT-ER-DONE THIS WINTER. SEMI GLOSS BLACK! 355 S/B RUNS HIGH 10.50'S LOW 10.60'S AT 125. FIRST YEAR BACK AFTER A 15 YR LAYOFF. THANKS KEN

JsDragDart1
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I am glad someone finally got something from Troy. I never got my hood or money back. Consider yourself lucky!

kslicks
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
AFTER FINALY SEEING ALL OF THE "BAD" POSTS AND THE FACT THAT HE SCREWED ME OUT OF $175 FOR SHIPPING FOR THE 4" COWL HOOD AND DECK LID THAT WAS SUPOSED TO COME WITH THE FRONT END IN MAY, THAT FINALY CAME IN OCTOBER. SEE MY AVITAR. IT WAS NICE BUT WHEN THE UPS DELIVERED IT I HAD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING. I CALLED HIM AND HE SAID IT WAS A SCREW UP BY UPS AND TO JUST PAY FOR IT AND HE WOULD SEND A CHECK, IT WAS NOT A SCREW UP ON UPS PART, HE SENT IT COD. I WAITED SINCE MARCH FOT IT AND IT WAS IN FRONT OF ME SO I PAID IT, THEN FAXED A COPY OF THE SHIPPING BILL TO BE REIMBERSED, NEVER TO SEE MY MONEY. NOW HE IS BACKRUPT. I FEEL VERY LUCKY TO HAVE MY PARTS AND FEEL SORRY FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO WERE SCREWED BY HIM. IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN ABOUT THIS FORM BEFOR ORDERING IN MARCH OF 07'. KILLER KEN