PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION ALL RJ MEMBERS PLEASE READ !!!

bjuice
08-24-2007, 05:25 AM
As some of you know Doug (altereddoug) and Melissa Hermann lost their infant son this past week..

i have sent a flower arrangement to Dawson & Wikoff Funeral home from each of you here on the forum..
i hope Doug and his family find peace at this troubled time.

here is how the Card will read on the arrangement. I ordered this arrangement from Shirley's Flower shop close to the funeral home.

its good for Doug and his wife to know we are thinking of him at this time
i'm sure all of you feel the same.

Doug and Melissa Herman:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this
troubled time.
Sincerely,
Moderators and Members
of Racing Junk Forum

tommynos
08-24-2007, 06:14 AM
wow,thats terrible,im new here so knew nothing of it,but hope they can all pull together for this,i wouldnt know what to do if i lost one of my 2 children :(

topsportsman1
08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Thanks Brian,

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Hermann family

spib
08-24-2007, 07:16 AM
like I have said before you are the man, thanks brian Our prayers go out to doug and his family

SST4530
08-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Brian,

Very thoughtfull of you to include us all. I'm very touched and hope it provides Doug and Melissa some comfort during their time of need.

They will be in our prayers.

chevguy65
08-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Thank you Brian!

I know we as well as Doug appreciate it!

Thank you again.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Doug and his family.

bignastygs
08-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Truly a terrible situation...My heart and prayers goes out to Doug and Melissa. Words can't be enough some times.

hotrod1024
08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes Brian you are a great guy.Prayers for him and his family.Very sorry to hear.

lively
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
THANKS BRIAN FOR DOING THIS----I LIVE 45 MILES SOUTH OF THEM AND FOUND OUT THE SAME DAY IT WAS POSTED HERE---IT IS A VERY TOUGH THING BUT GOD WILL BRING THEM THRU THIS[ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS LOST HIS 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT A FEW MONTHS AGO AND STILL IS FIGHTING THE BATTLE BUT HE WILL WIN IF HE KEEPS TRYING]---THANKS AGAIN ,DENNIS

qtrmile2
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Very Very sad thing to happen. I have friends this has happen to.
Brian PM sent.

cj422
08-24-2007, 12:50 PM
A big thanks to Nlmsc33 and Brian for every thing you are doing for Doug and his family. as a fellow racer, the least i can do is come on here and show support for a racing friend in need. even though we never met. my hopes and prayers are with you Doug and your family. "R.I.P. little guy" Cal

knova70
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks Brian for including the gang on here,as racers we all stand together and pray together! All our hearts and thoughts go out to the Family! you are in our prayers.

etbird
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
How sad, I have been gone for a couple of days and just heard. Thanks Brian. Prayers for Doug and Melissa. One day at a time.

hotrodharley
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
My heart and prayers goes out to Doug and Melissa and may you find comfort in your own way

and thanks brain for incluiding everyone and informing us of doug and melissa's lost of a love one.

cepx111
08-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Thank you Brain that was very thoughtful of you.
I can send a donation for the flower fund or a collection for the Herman family? I don't have alot but I know every little bit helps, I will gladly send you a money order to help out just pm me with your address and let me know.
Charles

camaro74454
08-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Verry sad to hear, My heart goes out to them.

bjuice
08-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Thank you Brain that was very thoughtful of you.
I can send a donation for the flower fund or a collection for the Herman family? I don't have alot but I know every little bit helps, I will gladly send you a money order to help out just pm me with your address and let me know.
Charles

thats ok Charles there has been many inquire on that but its ok..its already taken care of....
the arrangement was sent on behalf of everyone that particpates on this forum..so all of you give yourself a "Big THANK YOU" for remembering Doug/Melissa and his family in this Tragic time of their lives..

WE MUST take care of fellow racers no MATTER what venue they race or particpate in ..cause when you boil it all down,,WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT...
I am sure Doug and his wife appreciates all the Kind words and prayers from everyone

Thanks Brian

Racefab57
08-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks brian, you are one in a millon. our thoughts are also for everyone!!!! David.

altereddoug
08-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Is there any other sport that shows more sportsmanship than drag racing? One minute we're trash talking, poking at Ford vs Chevy vs dodge, then the next we are helping to repair the next guy’s car just to try and beat him in the next round. We pool our resources just to keep the competion together. But never in my life have I ever had the privilege of seeing everyone pull together. This forum is another extension what all drag racers throughout the country have strived for and achieved.Here I am comforted by people I do not know and may never meet. The heart felt sorrow and well wishes my family has received is unbelievable.
Here at home several racers from Coles County Drag way have supplied with items I could not find. I wanted to find a few cars to add to my son’s funeral. Not just any cars drag cars. Well after hours of store searching no luck. Then close friend Jaimi Alexander found out that Gary Wright and Sue Cambell happened to have two '41 Willy's. Both were cast from the cars they actually race. And we tried to pay for the cars but wouldn't take any money. Gary Wright also supplied us with some checked flags and ribbons. Tiny Treasures in Arizona overnighted a racing jumper to us. It is so cute.....
Then JC Penney portrait studio helped us tremendously. The day before Austin passed away we had several pictures taken of our kids. Normally it takes about a month or two... How about three days!!! These were the only pictures we had of all the children together. We informed them of our situation and the people at our local portrait studio took matters into there own hands and overnighted the entire set of pictures at no extra charge.
Since the “incident” I’ve never found a better group of men and women determined to help my family in this trying time. Through the support here on Motorsports Village, Racingjunk, and local friends and family we are getting through this one day at a time. Special considrations to the guys whom took it upon themselves to spread the news about Austin. I just found out that this was done. And the flowers I recieved from this website really made me proud to be apart of this community. Our faith in God will help guide us and let the healing begin. I hope I will be able to remain strong and somehow repay the great kindness all racers and family members have shown us in these trying times.
My sincere appreciation to ALL the members of Motorsports Village,Racingjunk and the racing community
Douglas Hermann
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/TpMoOnPC7mzj/__sr_/cbd4.jpg?ph065zGBa84uIqTf

mcracecars
08-27-2007, 06:34 AM
It is always difficult to find words of comfort when times of sorrow and tragidy show up unexpectedly in the lives of our family and friends. :(

From all of us that truly love our children, Doug and Melissa, our thoughts and prayers be with you and your familys through this time. May the Good Lord be with you and comfort you through the coming days.

:cry:

And Brian, ...Sir, you are truly a man who stands out.....

nitro63
08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
i agree thank you for putting, from racingjunk on the card as well

our thoughts and prayers from the barnard family from texas

ash
08-29-2007, 05:42 PM
It is always difficult to find words of comfort when times of sorrow and tragidy show up unexpectedly in the lives of our family and friends. :(

From all of us that truly love our children, Doug and Melissa, our thoughts and prayers be with you and your familys through this time. May the Good Lord be with you and comfort you through the coming days.

:cry:

And Brian, ...Sir, you are truly a man who stands out.....

Ed,... You've said it so well. May God bless them in their time of sorrow.
Brian,.. you're a class act,...Thank-you.

tug1
09-02-2007, 06:40 PM
thanks brian i dont know them but my prayers are with them through thier hard time