PDA

View Full Version : Dual Quad VS Single

fstbackgt68
07-13-2007, 06:51 AM
I am thinking of switching over to a midriser dual quad setup for my 302. right now i have a performer rpm on there with a 600 edelbrock. What performace difference will i see if i switch over to a dual quad performer rpm air gap intake with two holley 450's Just the look is cool. But what abotu performace.

edvancedengines
07-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Using the two 450's you should feel a pretty nice increase providing everything else is compatable.

Ed

lg1969
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I do not recommend using a pair 450 Holley on a small engine. It will spit back or will back fire. The plug will load up, too. The 450 Holley are set up for large cam where manifold vacuum is very low. and High compression piston. The secondary are mechincal, resulting boging if you hit the gas pedal hard. Your better off using a pair of Holley 390CFM. It will give you a total of 780CFM combine. They were made the street. The secondary are Vacuum. They will adjust for the engine needs.

lively
09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I RAN A 750 HOLLEY ON A TUNNEL RAM 302 IN MY 65 TANG A FEW YEARS BACK AND THEN SWITCHED TO 2 SMALL HOLLEYS WITH VACUUM SECONDARIES AND LIKED THEM ALOT MORE /PLUS THEY LOOKED VERY NICE WITH 2 VELOCITY STACKS :lol: :lol: --MY CURRENT SETUP FOR MY RANCHERO WILL BE TUNNEL RAM WITH ONE CARB AROUND 750 CFM WITH VACUUM SECONDARIES OR IF I GET THE TOP PLATE BUILT IT WILL BE 3 DUECES ON MY TUNNEL RAM INTAKE :shock: :lol: 8) :lol: BOTH STREET AND STRIP--IT IS ALOT OF YOUR OWN CHOICE---LIVELY

lg1969
09-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Lively,
Adding 3 deuses? I think that setup will work better then using one 750 Holley. Using the middle as your primary and the two outside ones as secondaries will give you better distribution of fuel on all cylinders. The result is more torque on the low end. I pair of 390's will give you the same result as three deuses. They will work either way and look great.