PDA

View Full Version : reuse head gaskets

CHEVYMATT
07-03-2007, 07:08 PM
i local dirt track guy told me i cam reuse my felpro head gaskets if i use the same head on the same gasket on the same side of block . im not sure of my gasket number but it set up for aluminum heads on a stock block . i have a few track times in and some heat.. i never have done this so i thought id get you opinions. thank you

sc3314
07-03-2007, 07:26 PM
It is kinda like using toilet paper twice! Not a very good idea!!!

jbsjunk
07-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Exactly. You're not going to get the gasket in the exact same place it came from, even if it was stuck there, it could be just a millimeter off, and you're done. With all the machining marks the gasket compensates for, it may work or it won't, but we won't stop you if ya wanna give it a go. Unless you pull it apart often, replace em.

CHEVYMATT
07-04-2007, 12:48 AM
oh sorry im not going to reuse them but i thought id ask anyway. if this engine was in a dragster then maybe but in a s10 no way too much work. thanks

bbchevy
07-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Z,
If you purchase a set of Cometic head Gaskets?Then a little Copper coat and put them back on again,and again!It a bigger investment up Front,but in the Long Run it will be the Way to GO!
Later
G 8)