PDA

View Full Version : Steve Yost /altered510 !!!! BEWARE DO NOT BUY/SELL FRAUD

racepartsdirect
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Steve yost contacted us back in Jan of 07 posing as "Gary Sansone" He purchased over $5000 worth of merchandise from us with a stolen credit card after finding us on racing junk. He actually told us that he was an undercover DEA agent if you can believe that ! Any how he really worked at a prominant BMW dealership in the St Louis area and he was stealing the identies of the customers . I see he is now selling his dragster on racing junk ad # 30582. Here are some links worth taking a look at .

http://www.suntimesnews.com:80/8C/News%20Archives/May_07/0529man.htm

We caught him this time but after I talked with the real Garry sandsone I found out there were other buisnesses that were not so lucky it turns out gary's credit cards and good name were used in several places to purchase other items .So if any of you other poeple or buisnesses were taken by this guy please contact me . I may be able to help

bjuice
06-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the INFO !!!

and i am 2 inches taller than that scum bag... :D :D

Brian

woodsman
06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear that happen to you Jeff. It seams we are not even safe in a BMW dealership or at our Wal Marts. It just happen to me a year ago and I learned a very good lesson and this was from a bank. And like Brian said this is just another scum bag.

chevguy65
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Nice to see this POS behind bars.

Now for the rest of you scumbags in this scammer section, look what can happen when you defraud someone.

I hope he spends a good long time in jail with a cell mate named Bubba Irene.

I know I am going to send him some slippery soap.

Hope you recoup your loss on this butthead!

racepartsdirect
06-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Well I wish I could give you better news but it sounds like he pleading guilty in exchange for probation . The only way he is going to the slammer is if the rest of the poeple he @#$%^ goes after him . The only good that has come from it so far is the BMW dealership fired him the morning after he was arrested and his picture was in the paper so you can put a face to the shit bag. He acts like a tough guy as well ,on the day I ID him in the dealership he was walking around big and bad I just laughed and thought I wonder if he realizes shaved head and all he will look cute to sombody behing that steel picket fence. It is my understanding he races at GATEWAY INT in St Louis so if any of you guys run into him let him know you recognize him from the newspaper.

woodsman
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Jeff the people that will do this kind of thing are butt holes an very bold people. And don't you just love the way the law just lets them walk scott free. The cops put them in jail and the law let them out. Did I miss something somewhere.

lively
06-27-2007, 07:01 PM
YOU DON'T GET PUNISHED FOR IDENTITY THEFT BUT BOY IF GET CAUGHT WITHOUT A SEATBELT ,LOOK OUT!!!!!

wvhippie
06-27-2007, 07:19 PM
I CAN EXPLAIN THE MESS OUR COURT SYSTEM IS IN IN ONE WORD LAWYERS !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

lively
06-27-2007, 07:20 PM
YES!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

woodsman
06-27-2007, 07:26 PM
An they smells like a four word.

racepartsdirect
06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
I just talked with racing junk and they informed me that they cannot remove him until there is an official conviction . As of now the court date is July 17 so for the next 20 days or so he will be free to screw more people on racing junk . With any luck this thread will keep him in a hole and not out screwing people for 20 or so days at least!!!!

lotsof454sss
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I AM NOT SURE ON THIS NOW, but I think you as a member could post the link you supplied with the arrest report on one of your free ads in the Classified Ads...I suggest you contact [email protected] and they will give you the ok or the no way...As of now he is still considered innocent but they put his picture in the paper so looks like it would be public information...But please check it out....All your fellow racers deserve a chance to decide for themselves if they want to buy from him or sell to him...but they also should be aware of the circumstances of his arrest in my opinion...

racepartsdirect
06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I wonder if he will come on here and explain the circumstances of his arrest.I would love to hear what he has to say. LOL

racepartsdirect
07-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Just a little update . he is playing the delay game with the courts . The court day has been moved back. I will keep every one posted .

racepartsdirect
07-31-2007, 09:22 AM
OK I though today was supposed to be the day we would get some restitution and justice but that was not the case . I found out he is waiving his "preliminary hearing" so I am told this means we only have 2 MORE COURT DATES at least. I guess I am a little niave and I am not familiar with the processes but it seams the criminal can drag this stuff out for a long time. I found out he got a new job at a different shop and I wonder if his new boss knows what happend at his old job.

hotrodharley
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
you should mail copy of his arrest and the newspaper clipping of him to his new job place..to the owner of it..

woodsman
07-31-2007, 10:21 AM
hotrodharley great idea but DO NOT LET THEM KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE. Dont forget he's a crook and that means he has more right then you do.

garceau
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Dont forget one important thing... anything you guys do that hurts his income will effect how everyone is getting their money returned, even if it is slowly as garnished from his wages.

marku520
08-01-2007, 07:21 AM
I know this guy from mid america raceway and stl international raceway. he always seemed like a nice guy.but now i know his true colors. i hope his wife didnt have anything to do with this. she needs to drop him like a bad habit. i would hope his race days are over for good. what an -ss. :oops: :evil: :twisted:

racepartsdirect
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Dont forget one important thing... anything you guys do that hurts his income will effect how everyone is getting their money returned, even if it is slowly as garnished from his wages.

I understand where you are coming from but this is deeper than the money . I see where people have an issue on here and it seams like bad customer service or a engine builder gets in over his head and everyone can really agree there was no criminal intent just bad business but in this case the deceit and the intended harm goes beyond that and then some . When I had the $5000 taken out of my account it was a temporary setback . Don't get me wrong I lost allot of sleep and it was a financial hit but I got beyond it. At this point I want to make sure this guy is paying for it to the fullest extent . There were real victims that were affected outside of racing and myself. I want to do everything in my power to make sure that this guy is permanently stopped. Your right it may cost me getting my money back but I already wrote off the loss . I would feel more satisfaction knowing this guy is never going to this again than getting my money back... BTW I have been contacted by the police dept from Clayton (the location of the BMW dealership) and it sounds like they are going to go after him for identity theft. Hopfully he will get some jail time for that.

woodsman
08-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Jeff I understand fully on what you are saying. But some can not afford to lose their money so freely as you feel.I do understand that it did hurt you but you are going to live over it and move on so you will give up your money to get him put away. As I myself is being paid back at $90.00 a month for the next ten years after I have been robbed. One gone to the pen and one left to pay me my money that still does not cover my lose. I have put it in the market in order to recover what the courtes did not cover.

racepartsdirect
09-18-2007, 10:59 AM
UPDATE Steve Yost plead guilty and was sentenced to 5 years probation . The merchandise was returned but it is now used . He apparently lied to the judge and said he paid me restitution so the judge left it at that . I guess I should feel lucky that I got something back . Thanks for all the support through this ordeal . I would have thought identity theft , fraud and felony stealing would have carried a heavier sentence but I guess not.