PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood

nascarlatemod06
05-26-2007, 09:15 PM
What do you guys think? Are they worth the extra few bucks? I need a new master cylinder for my street stock... I can get ones from the parts store for about 90 bucks less than Wilwood... Are the wilwood master cylinder worth it?

bjuice
05-26-2007, 09:32 PM
STREET STOCK as in roundy roundy or a street car....ok...my vette has strange on the front and aerospace on the rear..

my pro-street camaro that is a 5 second 1/8 mile car has your standard cast brake calipers from autozone (GM REPLACEMENTS) etc ...and they do very well,,,,same on rear...

i have a wildwood master cylinder i will give you for 1/2 the cost you will buy one for,,my chassis guy made me box it up and we went with the newer master cylinder that are used on dodge vans,,its all plastic lightweight stuff..
if your interestested PM ME...

good luck- BRIAN

nascarlatemod06
05-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah street stock as in roundy round.... Pm Sent

bryanm
05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
The willwood master cylinders work great in 4wheel disc applications because it help with different proportioning that is needed in 4wheel disc oppssed to front disc rear drum but in your application I wouldnt spend the money for a willwood mastercylinder if I were you but hey thats just me

nascarlatemod06
06-01-2007, 05:31 AM
I found a Tilton Remote mount Dual outlet for like 40 bucks..... but its single piston.... Does tandem or single piston increase your braking performance or are the about the same? I was kind of leaning towards tandem though because if you loose one cylinder, you still have a back up....