Realgone
05-10-2007, 06:49 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4251/misc031ft2.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2550/2006303ix7.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2245/2006147wk3.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9311/2006302vn2.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1839/2006149ah2.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1386/truck023uv5.jpg

Well it looks like mama got her figured out. This is my 66 Chevy II that I have been working on for right at a year. It has a new rearend 9" with 40 spline axles that's been gun drilled,carbon fiber drive shaft, 2 speed glide, 5500 stall, and a procharged 565 RMRE is going in it as soon as I get the rest of the parts and there are a lot on the way. I hope to have it finished by the end of fall this year. Vicki has been real good through this with the other engine mess I got myself in. Wesley

chevguy65
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

That car is Beautiful!!!!!!

Thank you for posting this work of art!!!!!!

Hey Wes, if your wife does not have a sister, do you want to adopt a 46 year old kid? :wink:

slowman
05-10-2007, 06:54 PM
very nice wes and you don't see a post car very often. i like the post cars my self.

topsportsman1
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Wesley and Vicki
I am glad things finally turned out good for you.

That is a beautiful car,It has a very nice touch.

This is awesome

Great job posting,and thanks

Tom

fastbowtie
05-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Thats A killer lil Deuce It should Fly :wink:

lookingaround
05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
sweet ride

mytmouz
05-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Purty!

lotsof454sss
05-11-2007, 04:06 AM
That is a really great looking car you have built and can be proud of forever...And just think RM got all the good free positive advertising over the engine and pictures with their name on it and Bowers Racing Engines got all the free BAD advertising over the engine that never was...Funny how things work out in life, Ya'll...Congratulations

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/panguinfreak/Awards/1stplacetrophy.gif

woodsman
05-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Carl I asked mama if we could adopt you but she said that you have gotten to old and you would already be set in your ways sorry.lotsof454sss Vicki and I had said to ourselfs just what you put in your post. Maybe he has learned that it dont pay to lie or scamm someone. Thanks for all the complements on my hotrod. The way I see it after we got the the kids out of the house it was our time to play again. Wesley

chevguy65
05-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Carl I asked mama if we could adopt you but she said that you have gotten to old and you would already be set in your ways sorry.lotsof454sss Vicki and I had said to ourselfs just what you put in your post. Maybe he has learned that it dont pay to lie or scamm someone. Thanks for all the complements on my hotrod. The way I see it after we got the the kids out of the house it was our time to play again. Wesley

Yes but tell her I am house broken and am willing to change.
I can sleep in the garage too

spib
05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
words for a ride like that SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD ASS!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!! congrats looks damn good

mcracecars
05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
nice ride you two, good luck with it all, and have fun with it....
Hey, do you think dynoblow has got nice valve covers like that with their name on it??? :D

bjuice
05-11-2007, 10:36 AM
wes:
just curious. what kind of fuel system you gonna run on this motor?..i assume its going to be a blow threw type carb..how about the Fuel pump etc...this is going to be very crucial in the performance and protection of your motor..

LOOKS GREAT !!!

Brian

RonOwensRacing
05-11-2007, 12:35 PM
man that is soooooo sweeeeeet i have to go wipe my mouth now the drool is getting all over me . :) :) :) :)

gimmemud
05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Great looking ride man :D

woodsman
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Brian I am going to be running a electic fuel pump from Magnafuel Prostar 500 and a regulator from them as well. I am all so going to be getting the light weight fuel line. I still have to get my headers built which will be 2 1/4" with knife valve dumps 3 1/2" electic. I will have a 75 hp shot of NOS in the tube about 12" from the carb. We are all the same on here but all at different places in our builds. You need to update us on yours when you get time. Wesley

buffjhsn1
05-11-2007, 04:37 PM
very nice ride! can't wait to see what it runs... 8)

Racefab57
05-11-2007, 07:30 PM
All I can say is I WANT TO BE ADOPTED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN NICE CAR . I OR SHOULD I SAY WE ( MY WIFE AND I WOULD LOVE TO DO A 66-67 NOVA FOR A STREET CAR ) SHE WANTS ONE BAD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE,LOVE ETC MAN AND WOMAN. DAVID.

us7race
05-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Sweet Ride! I am a big fan of the little Chevy II. :D

woodsman
05-12-2007, 06:20 AM
buffjhsn1 I am going to tune it to all the car can handle and hoping to get a 4.70 1/8 out of it but will take what I get. It will be a fun ride what ever the number. And by the way it looks like you have a very nice car yourself that needs to go on Show off. Wesley

bjuice
05-12-2007, 06:59 AM
that is the fuel pump i run wes///AWESOME FUEL PUMP////

i was wondering something here..if you haven't already ordered your regulator you might want to speak with someone on the BOOST referenced regulator. it will increase or decrease you fuel based on the levels of boost being generated..i know areomotive makes one but i am un-sure of magnafuel..and also unsure if areomotive will be compatiable with magnafuel....the MSD6 BTM with the eternal control knob is a good deal on that car also....

please do not take what i am saying as critical..i am only throwing some ideas at you that maybe you have not thought of etc..
you have DONE an AMAZING job so far....

can't wait to see how that bad boy runs..

oh yeah i must have missed this somewhere...what is the base line HP AND TQ and what do you estimate it will make with the huffer in place and how much boost will you run ????

have you ever thought of intercooling it ?...30% or more HP at the pedal all of the time..would take the place and far exceed the 75 shot of NOS..which i assume your doing this just to cool the fuel for a densor charge at initial blow thru.......shoot man the intercooler will do this for you and much much and reliable and safer
are you famailer with the ibterdooler set up...you can go air to air,,air to water...etc.......

thanks brian

woodsman
05-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Brian I am getting a boost referenced regulator from Magnafuel also part # MP-9833-B. As for a intercooler I am going to run it like this for now and maybe later when I get my money back together and buy Mama a few things around the house I may buy one and install it. Really the only reason that I am going with the NOS is because I already have it in the car. I am going with a Digital -7 programmable ignition to reference the boost and timing. I am going to see if my car will hold this and if it does I will put some more on it till it want take anymore. Wesley

knova70
05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Real nice car! if it doesn't run the #'s you want,then its time to get blown,I got mine to run a 5.28 @ 135 in the 1/8 at 20lbs of boost and it weights almost 3200lbs with my big self in it,rebuilding the motor right now,keep on busting stock blocks so I bought a aluminum bowtie race block on here,hope it helps on the breaking of blocks.let us know what it runs?

woodsman
05-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Real nice car! if it doesn't run the #'s you want,then its time to get blown,I got mine to run a 5.28 @ 135 in the 1/8 at 20lbs of boost and it weights almost 3200lbs with my big self in it,rebuilding the motor right now,keep on busting stock blocks so I bought a aluminum bowtie race block on here,hope it helps on the breaking of blocks.let us know what it runs?

knova70 I am going to be getting my procharger from race parts direct in about ten days and my blow through carb will be here in about 3 days. I also have my fuel system coming in about five days and my car should be going in the shop at the end of this week so I am very happy that things are starting to move forward. I will be happy with the numbers that you stated in your post thats a good respectable rush so will be looking forward to that. Wesley
[/quote]

hotrodharley
05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
that is on sweet a#@ kicking nova you've built there.my hat is off to you.congrat 8)

woodsman
05-28-2007, 10:10 AM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3503/07nova005fk9.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1050/07nova014ss4.jpg
Well I am getting closer to getting my hotrod back on the road an track. The orange car that you see in the first photo is Mike Starr's that is doing all the work on my car. He has bought all of the running gear that was in my car to put in his and also said that he is going to out run me with my old parts. If he does I will cry like a baby after Vicki stops beating me with a big stick. Well I have to say it the big block sure looks good in that small spot. It would not fit at first but Mike cut and cut and it when right in. As for now we are just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive this week so we can move to the next phase of the build. Wesley

woodsman
06-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I found out today that my trans is not fitting in the tunnel so Mike is going to have to cut it out and rebuild that too. So i guess i will have to ask slowman to lend me some money so i can finished this project. I guess it don't always go the way you think standing by the car saying lets do this and that. I feel like I am learning to much at one time. Wesley

bjuice
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
i am not surprised with hearing the tranny deal...

listen Wes can i give you some good advise here ??.......man if you can go ahead and get him to cut out your stock tranny tunnel and go ahead and put back a removable aluminum tunnel of some sort...

i know right now (money is going out faster then coming in) and you might shrug your shoulders at this cause it might take a few hundred more...but trust me..the 1st time you have to drop that tranny cause a input shaft or something broke you will be glad you spent the extra 200/300....If he has a plasma cutter he can carve that tunnel out as pretty as you please...they make preformed aluminum tunnels you can buy for cheap...zeus fasten that bad boy down..and you will have top side access to it at all times.....

trust me if you ever have to remove a tranny from the bottom in a tight space..you will pay 3,000 at the time to be able to remove it from the top...just give this some thought...if it will not cost but a few hundred more for goodness sakes DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i mean even when you make up your tranny lines place a quick dis-connect right before the tranny lines go into the side of the tranny...i went to a local hydraulic and fitting store and i purchased 2 push locks with the female coupler for under $10.00.....if you NEED ME TO GET YOU THE SAME SET UP I WILL AND MAIL IT TO YOU...jegs advertise a fancy set up for $60.00 plus shipping.....

its easy to install,,i would recommend using the black cotton tweed hose..it works great with these push locks....i am assuming your running a tranny cooler..these quick disconnects are life savers when removing a tranny....

remember when putting something like you have together..try to fabricate everything that will be friendly to you when you have to work on one......i share this with you from some past painful mistakes i have made.

Brian

woodsman
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Brian who sells the preformed aluminum tunnels you can buy for cheap. Because that sounds like the ticket Mike that is doing the work is doing his best to keep it looking ready for a show.So this would help a bunch and like you say working on it later. Hey thanks for the advice. Wesley

bjuice
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
you can call up chassis engineering or (ART) applied racing technology...they have them in stock..they even have them in Jeggs catelog for $79.99....(PAGE 196)..The jeggs is NOT PREFORMED..but they may carry a pre-formed..i know thr other companies do...IT'S A SIMPLE FIX FOR YOU NOW AND LATER

he might have to bend up the edges of where he cut out the factory tunnel or pop rivetsome typr of L-SHAPE lip to where the tunnel has a spot to catch the zeus fastener...if you are thr least little bit mechanically inclined its a simple job..i have done several of them....

Good luck here..i am glad to save someone future headaches and boy are you talking about a Big ONE IF YOU EVER HAVE TO TAKE ONE OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF A STOCK LOCATION WITH A BIG BLOCK WHERE A SMALL BLOCK USE TO BE.....OHHHHH IT GIVES ME COLD CHILLS TO THINK ABOUT THAT JOB.....

Brian

woodsman
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey Brian found one at the same place we got the front end at Chris Alston part #6606 Aluminum just what the doctor ordered. It will be on its way and save having to make something and can make it removable for later work. Thanks for the insight. Wesley

mcracecars
06-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Wes, that is good deal for the cover. It looks like it is a 2 piece which makes it easier to get out of the car.
As brian stated, it sure makes tranny r&r easier, almost a pleasure, well not quite,
A couple of suggestions if you have not thought yet, as it is a street car, you will need some kind of weather strip, the foam with the tape works good, to keep out the exhaust and tire smoke from burnouts.
Also, the aluminum tunnul is not a good place to mount a shifter, so you may need to figure something out for that.
take care
ed

bjuice
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
...SWEEEEETTTTTTTT...Man that is SWEET music to my ears...Wes you judt do not know how much trouble you just saved yourself in the future.

as ed (mcracecars) said..you will need a shiter mount...they also make these mounts..i remembered seeing something put out by locklar that would bolt onto the tranny itself that would serbve as a good mounting base..

Bottom line that is SMALL POTATOES..you will figure that out..just remember they make most of the stuff you need nowadays...

One moew time,,YOU DID A GOOD DAYS WORK by going back with the top side removable tunnel...One day you will see how true this statement is...

Congrats..Brian

PS...i also know about those shows..you might have to do as i did on one of my last shows...i ran out of time and just pushed the car into the show..still won some awards...LOL......

woodsman
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Ed thanks for the info. Will work that in there as well. I am not in the country right now but Mike that is doing the work is looking to see what our best option will be and go from there. The removable tunnel will make life better for working on the trans when you need to remove it. Thanks again guy's for the good advice. Wesley

bjuice
06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
:wink:

lotsof454sss
06-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Wesley...DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!!!!...

lively
06-08-2007, 07:17 PM
BUT THE WATER LOOOOOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!!! :roll: :oops: :twisted: :roll: :shock: 8) :!: :D :lol: 8)

woodsman
06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Man you two guy's are crazy an I mean that in a very good way. But you lost me on the water. lol. Wesley

chevguy65
06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Man you two guy's are crazy an I mean that in a very good way. But you lost me on the water. lol. Wesley

He's fishin for kudos...lol :P

btw, don't run with scissors

bjuice
06-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Wes: i was thumbing thru (ART) catelog and i saw the pre-fabbed automatic shifter mount for $58.95...

all he will have to do is attach it to a Bar running aross the tranny tunnel, if theres not one there he can mig one in no time...I WOULD JUST ATTACH ONE OF MY LOOPS RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT THIS SHIFTER MOUNT AND YOU HAVE KNOCKED OUT TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE..besides the loop will fit much better inside the tranny tunnel with little to no mods to the tunnel except the hole you will have to cut into it for the shifter cable and the mount base..

the part# is 019454 and the phone# 1-800-571-3023

i have bougght many things from them..

thanks Brian

woodsman
06-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Brian, Mike will be able to get that integrated in there as well to make the whole job go smoother an easier. Thanks for the info. Wesley

lotsof454sss
06-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Drink the water and let me know how you feel the next day, then I think you will understand....Here in the "Deep South", we call them the trots....
and in France they call it every day life...."Like Ole Meico"

woodsman
06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
lotsof454sss I am now with you a 110% I read this post two times trying to find where someone said something about water and could find nothing on it. But you are referring to the post that I was talking to Ed in. I am a bit slow but I get it in the end. Yes you are right about drinking the tap water overseas it can get you. As you say about Mexico the Wife and I have spent sometime down there and we stick to bottle water. In my line of work I have been to around 30 to 35 countrys so I learned my lesson early on in life about drinking other countrys water. I am typing this post from Cameroon, Africa. But I want to thank you guy's for the warning and we will take your advice. Wesley

lotsof454sss
06-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I am typing this post from Cameroon, Africa

Ain't that where they eat people :?: I know they got lions and that kinda stuff there :shock: I am not trying to hijack your thread but man your traveling some troubled waters...Have fun I guess 8)

woodsman
06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Perry I have been from north Africa to as far down as the Cape in the south and never seen any Lions Tigers or Bears but I have seen a few cows, chickens an goats I hope no offence taken about the goats an a pig or two. Well for me I do not men gal in the general public for obvious reasons while carrying a blue Passport. Well keep it safe as I know you will. Wesley

woodsman
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Well its official now I will have to borrow some money from Slowman to get this project finished. We got the Procharger in and Mike went to install it but of course it want fit. So now will have to take it down to East Texas Race Cars and get Vic Curster to get the roll bar out of the way while he is building my headers. Then get the bar painted again. So I can say this is getting to be more fun as we go along. Mama said that its not any fun to her. Wesley

henny
06-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Hello Wesley
I only have seen pics of your car now for the first time. That is very nicely done
I also am very impressed with your engine and the Pro Charger. I look forward to seeing more of your car
take care
Tom

woodsman
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Well I have a small update Mike has all the inside of the car back out and ready to put the new tunnel in. He also has all of the fuel system in and ready to go just have the digital 7 to wire up. An then its off to the chassis shop. Well I hope the rest of your projects are still moving along. Wesley

edvancedengines
06-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Wes,
Vic Custer has an awsum reputation. For whatever that is worth to ya.

About your car" Man I can't think of anything fitting to say. I am almost speeechless about it. Wow!

Did you build it for any specific class? I am wondering about that front end and control arms on it?

I do hope you get to bring it to Evadale, just N. of Beaumont on the 21st of July even if to match race with it. WE are supposed to have two magazine photographers there doing on site photography and reporting. Wes Buck Editor & Photragpher with Drag Illustrated and Wes Strom Staff Photographer & Reporter with RPM Magazine are supposed to be on site. I am pretty sure they would love to shoot your car in pics. At least I think so. I know both guys so maybe that may help some.

That car is so awsum to see.

Ed

woodsman
06-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Ed you are right Vic does some of the finest work I have seen and I have seen a lot. Me an my brother had him build us a Promod car for us in the early 90's when Promod's there just breaking into the 4's.Well thats long passed as you know and the guy's that we ran are still in it big time. Frankie Taylor has done very well with his career as Gaylen Smith has. We had got ours to run 5.24 without the NOS. But brother got married and you know the rest. Maybe you seen us the car was called the Driller and we ran at Navasota Raceway back when it was open. Well anyway that was the good old days. Well this car started out as a street hotrod but once that you have gone fast you want to go faster and you know the rest of that one too. So my plan now is to try to get this one to run a 4.70 and run the 5.00 index class and go from there. Ed I would love to bring it to the race on the 21st but I will not have time to get it together by that time. Vic has to build some headers redo the right front roll bar to get the procharger in it and put a Promod style fab 9 under it. So still have lots to do. But may get my brother to bring his truck that is just as fine as mine and some people may like it more. When I get back in the States my wife can post some pictures of it so you can see what you think. Well Ed sorry my car want be able to make it but I will see you at the track. And thanks for the magazine invite but will have to catch that next time.

ashbros
07-22-2007, 04:53 AM
i hear you purchased a procharger
have you installed it yet? if so how would you rate its performance?

woodsman
07-22-2007, 07:08 AM
ashbros my car is in the shop now being fitted with the procharger, headers and new rear end housing as Vic did not like the one I had after seeing my rear end set up. I will post my finds as soon as I get it running and you know I cant wait.

woodsman
07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Well Vic has the first header built and the Procharger installed. I am getting it a little closer to the track all the time. Vic has to finish the bar around the blower and the rear end and I will be ready for a drive shaft and a computer.
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5935/07061gz8.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2416/07062kr4.jpg

spib
07-23-2007, 07:21 PM
those pics look sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lively
07-23-2007, 07:41 PM
WESLEY :shock: :shock: ----THAT LOOKS LIKE A FORD SHOP TOWEL ON TOP OF THE INTAKE!!!!! :lol: :lol: ---GOT TO KEEP YOUR HEART BEATING :lol: :wink: :wink: --LIVELY

SST4530
07-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow, that's one very maticulous ride. Would love to see in person, maybe we'll se you at the track sometime! :D

mytmouz
07-24-2007, 06:29 AM
SWEET!

woodsman
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks guy's I am very ready to drop the hammer on it. Lively I like Ford trucks to pull my Chevy to the track. O by the way I ran mike's Nova yesterday and he has got that thing running way better than when the motor was in my car. He is going to have a nice ride when he finishes it. Well guy's hold a bind on it and will up date when something else happens.

woodsman
08-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Well its rear end #2 and I have not even got the engine running yet but I think thats going to be the last one for now. Vic has the bar moved an headers built an sent off to be coated. And when we get them back Mike is going to take it to his shop and start putting it together until we get to the next stopping point what ever that may be. Who knows whats next that you cant foresee. Well there it is next peice of the puzzle.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8518/07079ku5.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1247/07078ob5.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2319/07077vo0.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/676/07076dy5.jpg

cepx111
08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

camaro74454
08-11-2007, 03:16 PM
That is ...well I'm speechless, beyond awsome.

oldcarjunkie
08-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Your car is awesome man! Congrats!

image4you2see
08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
WOW that is amazing...

www.centralstreetscene.org

woodsman
08-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Ok guy's Mike, my brother an me have worked on my hotrod for the last 3 days and just fired it off and I only have one thing to say "WICKED" . So Mike has said that he is not going to stop now until its finished and ready to go to Conley's to the dyno. So when the rest of the parts show up tomorrow it will be ready for the dyno next week. I am just guessing at the boost now but I think its around 6 or 7 pounds so its putting out around 1010hp. Well I will put some pic in when we get it all together.

Realgone
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2585/07148ms2.jpg

DO I NEED TO SAY MORE

bjuice
09-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok guy's Mike, my brother an me have worked on my hotrod for the last 3 days and just fired it off and I only have one thing to say "WICKED" . So Mike has said that he is not going to stop now until its finished and ready to go to Conley's to the dyno. So when the rest of the parts show up tomorrow it will be ready for the dyno next week. I am just guessing at the boost now but I think its around 6 or 7 pounds so its putting out around 1010hp. Well I will put some pic in when we get it all together.

wes my cousin Steve had a 66 nova that weighed about 3100 with im in it..he had a 565 that made around 1020 and he ran consistant 5.60/5.61 at 121 mph with a 1.21 60ft...this should give you an idea what a 1,000 hp should do in your nova when its dialed in and leaving as it should.

i personally think your motor can make 1200/1300 hp with that blow thru procharger...which means lower et's of course

Brian

woodsman
09-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Brian I have not said this before but it made 28 psi boost showing 1894hp I never got that on the dyno because i would not keep my foot in it because ever time I hit the gas my brother would say the car is bowing up in the middle. Man the sound was just to wild for me on top of that too. Well when I made my pass I shut the car off and got mama to pull me back we look at the plugs and seen them to lean. I have tried to do all of this right but did it wrong anyway so have to change some things to make it right. I am talking with the Grand Daddy of blow thru himself Steve Morris and he is going to help me get it right so the next number I post will be a good one. How did you like mama's slogan UP IN SMOKE.

bjuice
09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
daaaaayyyyummmmmmmm...thats some serious HP...my bad on the 1300...that is in reverse...lol.....i love the art work...very original 8) .

that kind OF hp has some deep 4's on it if everything else is up to par..including those peanuts..i am running a good deal on some Down south 200 mph duct tape...sure beats those depends....LMAO :D :D :D

my altered made that kind of HP..you wait until you really stand on it..you ain't heard nothing yet...when you get that bad boy on the high side,,she is gonna sing...i tell ya what i do wes..i put som ear plugs in my ears on the inside of the helmet..he helps me think a littler clearer and also allows me to hear my motor a little better...I THINK... :wink: ... TRY IT

woodsman
09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Brian 1894hp is what the computer said so that is yet to be seen and I have been told it is closer to around 1700hp I am running out of fuel before the end of the 1/8 mile and I have my pump set on 36 pounds. So Steve is going to fix my carb up with dual needles & seats and bigger bowls to carry more fuel in the carb. Also my fuel reg is to small I need a 4 port to feed the carb and with a return back to the tank. Well now that I have help from a man that knows blow thru set up's I feel way better about it all.

spib
09-25-2007, 04:58 AM
that is just bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nomercyambulance
09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
May I just say WOW!?

rusted40
09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
makes me feel so amatuerish. that is some nice workmanship

I feel silly suggesting this but, vent extensions coming up to the
opening of the carb hat seem to work for lean under alot of boost.
that is a whole lotta engine to feed tho.

woodsman
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
rusted40 we may just have to try that trick but right now we are going back to the drawing board and I am going to let Steve Morris work his magic on it so we can get it down the track and not hurt the engine. I am just going to do some shows till we get it right and then go back to the track to see what happens.

woodsman
09-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Well got my new hood in and Mike set it on for me and mama got some pictures. Its a harwood and all finished out for paint. This cowl is 4" tall and my other was 2" but it hit the hat this one fits fine. I am going to put mama's logo on the side of the cowl UP IN SMOKE with smoke blowing to the back of the car. And when I finely do finish the whole car like I want it I may use that as the next paint scheme.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/722/07153ks1.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4725/07152bt6.jpg

etbird
09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Woodsman your car is HOT. Those HP numbers are very impressive. Be careful.

woodsman
09-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Woodsman your car is HOT. Those HP numbers are very impressive. Be careful.

I can't wait to see if them numbers are right. We will know if I ever as Brian would say have the peanuts to hold the gas down till the other end.

gdmii
09-29-2007, 09:29 PM
That's impressive Wesley. Wish I could be riding right seat when you test your drawers. :D

George

woodsman
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
That's impressive Wesley. Wish I could be riding right seat when you test your drawers. :D

George

George I want to ride with you to see what going fast feels like. That 1.18 is where it's at the rush we are living for.

gdmii
09-29-2007, 11:04 PM
I have found out one thing a couple of times...if your helmet isn't planted back firmly against the bar when you leave, it WILL be shortly thereafter. :D

George

margaritaman
09-30-2007, 07:27 AM
That's some serious power. I'm sure you'll get it dialed in soon enough.

I have that same hood. Make sure you block it with a coat of primer. There will be a lot of pin holes that you can't see.

Winmon
10-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Wes, SWEET NOVA!! That thing will be quite the beast on the track :twisted: Are you going to have to wait till next year to run it, or are you going to be able to get it in before the end of the season? Post some videos when you do! :lol:

woodsman
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Wes, SWEET NOVA!! That thing will be quite the beast on the track :twisted: Are you going to have to wait till next year to run it, or are you going to be able to get it in before the end of the season? Post some videos when you do! :lol:

Winmon I think I will be able to make it to the track one more time this year before it gets to cold. I have a show to make this weekend if the weather permits. But I would like to put up a little better times then I have up now.

woodsman
11-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Well I have my new hood on and it did turn out nice. I got my UP IN SMOKE put on it. Also got the new Steve Morris Pro Bonnet put on and that stop me from blowing the carb gasket or the o-ring out of the hat so thats another bug gone. Well I am sneaking up on these bugs one at a time.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2803/072099wc6.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3804/072100ba7.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5936/072101yq4.jpg

bjuice
11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
wow..the name is fitting...nice piece Wes...how would u like to fund one of this each qtr ?...lol 8)

topsportsman1
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Looks nice Wesley,had to look twice to see what was up in smoke,nice touch

gdmii
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Great pics Wesley!! That thing really looks nice.

George

mytmouz
11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Very, very nice...

lookingaround
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
that is a bad ride

chevguy65
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM

Tom,

I wondered what it was too...lol

Darn nice car Wes, you have to be plenty proud!

You and Jeff need to get together and see who is fastest :D

woodsman
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Tom,

I wondered what it was too...lol

Darn nice car Wes, you have to be plenty proud!

You and Jeff need to get together and see who is fastest :D

Carl I tell you what I would like to do is all of us get together at one time for a RJ all out now that would be wild. I think that Jeff is steping his game up so I hope I can stay with him.

I think that mama came up with a good name and she also has a very wild paint job picked out for it after she says its time for paint.

One last thing I am all out of funds. I think.

chevguy65
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Wes,

that is a great idea!!!!

All of us together would be one for the books!!!!!

Mrs. Woodsman came up with a great name and a perfect paint scheme.

Both of you did it just right!!!!!!!

Sweeter than what is it...Tupalo Honey

ashbros
11-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Hows that procharger working for you
What size is it?
Gas or Alcohol?
Do you have an intercooler if gas?
And last but not leasst how much power do you think you are making?

woodsman
07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Well guy's its been awhile but thought I would give a update. My last pass was a 1.30 60' 5.58 @127.89 so I am making progress along the way of blown parts. Man what a learning curve this has been and still is. I have not made it passed first round yet so alot of going home early. I will get there but its going to be awhile. Check this out. All of this and it is still not turned up yet because I still have 10 degrees of timing left. And 10 more pounds of boost left.

lookingaround
07-18-2008, 01:29 PM
sounds good wes. turn it up and let us know how it does. :D

Racefab57
07-19-2008, 04:39 AM
Wes, Let it eat!!!! David.

walterpcwd
09-08-2008, 02:16 AM
But do you think you will be able to out run little brother?

hollowayshotrods
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
What a beauty!! That has to be a crowd pleaser anywhere it goes!

woodsman
09-15-2008, 09:35 PM
But do you think you will be able to out run little brother?

Now that all depends if little brother can keep his foot on the floor. Prostreet against Promod its going to be a good race. We need to get that on film.