Safer1's Blog

[Return to Safer1's Profile] 

What a three weeks

View Entire Blog

I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted.  It has been a wild three weeks.  I started out in Bonneville with the SCTA guys, and man what a time!  If you've never been to Bonneville let me tell you it's worth the trip.  Seen a lot of great customer's and friends and made a lot of new ones.  My hat's off to Lee and Kiwi and everyone at SCTA they run their butts off.

Then it was off to Knoxville for my first Nationals.  It was everything I hoped it would be.  120 of the best sprint cars in the country fighting it out over four days for a 24 car field.  Only the Chili Bowl beats it.  Tim Shaffer and the whole Call Motorsports group to get Tim's first win at Knoxville.  He had all our stuff Nets, Seat belts, restraint-it was awesome baby!!  Donny was the car to beat the whole weekend, while he didn't wear the device that night, he says he's so comfortable he wears it 80% of the time.  Lucas Wolfe did a great job making the A-Main the first night as well.  Kerry and Randy suffered some hard luck unfortunately.  I had a great time and can't wait to see the 50th anniversary.

Upon returning from Knoxville I found that we had a huge demand for our seatbelts in NASCAR.  So while I was in Knoxville, Trevor went to Michiagan with Lori Lucas of Randall Race Parts and installed seatbelts in Dale Jr's cup car and Carl Edwards Nationwide car and Cup car.  Jr finished third which is the highest he's placed all year (must have been the belts)  haha!  Since then Carl has won in the Nationwide car in Montreal with them and teams have been switching to them rapidly.

This had me go to Bristol for the Truck race and the modified race.  Lori has been doing a great job by switching these guys over to our belts.  Donny Lia put on a show and did a great job of driving to beat Ted Christopher.  Skinner started on the outside of the front row and was a threat at the end.

From there I went to Maple Grove to see the NHRA boys.  I met Kurt Johnson and Justin Humphreys and can't tell you how nice of guys they are.  The race was plagued by rain (as normal) so I got great time to visit with Morgan, Matt, and Spencer.  As well as the others.  Everyone in the Pennsylvania area was so cool and the area reminds me of North Carolina.

While at the race track I found out that my uncles condition was terminal and that I should start to make plans to get home.  The weird thing was that they started to schedule therapy for him.  We lost him sunday morning.

By Sunday evening I was in Fargo comforting my aunt and visiting with my cousin.  The prayer service was tuesday and funeral on Wednesday.  On Friday I went to my home track of Red River Valley Speedway to return some normalcy to my life.  I went fishing with my dad the next day to relax alittle and after having breakfast with my loving grand mother returned home.

Hope to see you at the Track soon!!


September 1, 2009 | 
Average Rating (0 rating)


No Comments

You must Log In to add a comment

October 2017
  prev month next month

Recent Posts

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy

Execution Stats: 0.058 sec / 6.4 MB used / 6.5 MB peak