Additional special upgrades not typically found in Spec Boxsters:
1) Transmission cooler to boost reliability and prevent heat-soak
2) Oil cooler
3) Rennline adjustable gas pedal for perfect heel/toe. Above Added: Sat January 4, 2020, 4:27 pm PST
1998 Spec Boxster Race Car
Built by Vollig Autowerks out of San Diego, this Spec Boxster has all available upgrades and safety equipment.
Raced only 3 times after being custom-built for a rookie racer (who decided to become a pilot and stick to time-trials), this car is ultra clean, perfectly sorted, and ready for immediate competition use. It was raced with PCA twice and POC once - no incidents and no "offs" whatsoever. All graphics have been removed, leaving a perfectly white, blank canvas for the next owner. Roof (fiberglass) and wheels are black.
The entire build sheet can be emailed - compare this car to other shops selling Spec Boxsters for $40k-$50k that have pretty paint jobs but don't have nearly the build quality and parts list of this one. Highlights include:
- Choice of driver's seat: RaceTech size small (shown in photos), narrow (fits 5'5" - 5'11" slender) or Large Momo w/ Halo (not shown in photo - fits larger drivers - was for a 6'1" 200 pounder)
- Smooth gearbox with no issues
- Comes with spare set of stock wheels (staggered front/rear)
- Included wheels are "square" set-up with used Toyo RR's.
- Yellow harnesses on driver side
- Tarret drop links and all allowed suspension upgrades.
- Bilstein dampers
- Fire suppression
- Includes beautiful, custom-built "quiet" exhaust for Laguna Seca or other restrictive tracks - 95db as measured at Laguna (shown in pictures)
- PCA and POC log books. Legal in BSR and SPB. Car has been scrutineered and passed all safety and met all rules.
- Stock motor dyno'd at 185hp
- 997 shifter with optional short-shift kit.
- Momo steering wheel.