Whipple Superchargers just released their new 3.0L twin-screw supercharger. The completely new design offers higher boost and lower air inlet temperatures compared to its 2.9L predecessor. We liked what we heard and bought a lot of them. The claims turned out to be true. The first one on our dyno hit 1,206 hp and made more than 1,000 lb-ft of torque from 3,400 to 6,100 rpm. See this 427 cubic inch beast perform in the video.
Others may try mounting one of these superchargers on a stock block designed for half the power we are making. Good luck! Our new engine build recipe has been beefed up everywhere to handle the additional power. We've upgraded the block a big notch up with a Dart's SHP Pro LS Next block. It has higher nickel content and 30% more tensile strength than the Dart SHP block we had used with the 2.9L Whipple build. The rotating assembly consists of a Callies Magnum center-counterweighted crank, Callies Ultra I -beam rods and Diamond Race Series pistons. The crank and rods are another big upgrade as you can see from the videos at the end of this ad. Bottom Line - this is a short block that will last! You pick the oil pan to match your needs. Options include the Holley retrofit pan for LS swaps, and Dailey Engineering dry sumps for the ultimate in oiling regardless of conditions.
We believe that All Pros are the best cast heads on the market today. We machine raw castings on our 5-axis CNC to our own proprietary design for maximum performance. The hydraulic roller valve train is stabilized and strengthened by the Comp Cams BSR shaft rocker system.
This Plug-n-Play engine package comes standard with the Holley Terminator X Max engine management system. It features both transmission control and drive-by-wire capability. This self-learning system gets a head start by coming with the tune installed from your dyno session. No chassis dyno needed post-install. To solve all your vehicle instrumentation issues, you can pair the Terminator X-Max up with a Holley Digital Dash.
Emtron engine management system are also available. These highly advanced units open the door to such features as: torque control, launch control, cruise control and much more. These features greatly enhance drive-ability as the torque from this engine will easily over-power street tires.
The accessory drive is another area of possible customization. It too can be ordered black, polished or with two-tone accents. The power steering pump can be ordered with or without fitments for Hydratech hydraulic brake boosters. A great add-on is an interchiller for super cold inlet air temps in any weather conditions.
Transmission and fuel delivery are two issues that must be properly addressed for your vehicle's project to be successful. We teamed up with Hughes Performance to come up with a 4L80e overdrive transmission package that can both handle the power and provide great cruising. We also stock Aeromotive products to reliably deliver fuel.
This engine isn't for the guy looking for the lowest price. It is for someone who wants the best machining and engine technology and who demands that no corners be cut in parts selection for his engine. If that's you, let's talk! Hit the BUY IT NOW button to get over to our website for more details.
1. These engines are not pollution compliant and are intended for transportation use only in pre-pollution controlled vehicles.
2. All BRE engines are individually dyno tested and tuned. Customers will be supplied with video of their engine's dyno along with the dyno and build sheets.
3. Price indicated is for the standard recipe build - black finish, GM oil pan, choice of power steering pumps, Holley Terminator X-Max with tune.
4. Dyno results on the same engine are influenced by atmospheric conditions. The same engine can easily test +/- 2% different on horsepower depending upon ambient conditions. The engine you receive will have completed its dyno session at no less than 98% of rated horsepower with the tune we provide.
5. The dyno sheets are from the engine shown in the video which was equipped with a Dailey 5-Stage dry sump. This oiling system typically yields an additional 25 horsepower over a wet sump due to reduced parasitic losses.