Common Questions Asked...
- What type of ECU? It’s a tuned ECU from a 02 3.2 Boxster S.
- How is the car restricted and what do you have to do to increase power? Restricted via throttle stop. Yes it is a mechanical throttle as the car itself is originally a 99 and the original owner opted to go with a mechanical throttle. How this is done is by taking a 99 996 Intake Manifold and Throttle body. If you want to increase power... remove the throttle stop and connect the the second flap in the intake manifold that opens in the higher RPMs... you would want to consider a tune as well.
- Can I drive it first? Yes of course and would highly recommend. I’m hesitant to let anyone without a good amount of track time just drive it, so you need experience. I can arrange for my shop to take out for a test day. You would have to pay for time on the car, any consumables, transportation fees, etc... if we do make a deal, I would be happy to deduct the amount from the agreed sales price. You can expect a minimum of $1500 to test for an hour or so and could go up.
- How much does a weekend of racing cost? I use to budget $3k a weekend for running with POC which included track fees, fuel, one set of tires, support, and transportation. If you do it yourself and don’t mind used Slicks off a Clubsport... you could safely do it for somewhere between $1200-$1800 a weekend.
- Would you Consider a Trade? Yes. Would consider a Spec Boxster and Cash. Air cooled Porsche are also fine... street or race. But please don’t expect me to consider a straight trade for a car worth significantly less and no cash. Above Added: Wed November 13, 2019, 5:30 pm PST
*** Price Drop! Still one of the best values out there! Trades considered! Above Added: Wed November 13, 2019, 5:07 pm PST