We started with a 1972 Challenger and adopted a late model SRT drive train and supporting materials. adding the upgraded interior of the new car as well as complete driveline. Even with the upgraded supercharger, the car should be able to be driven from coast to coast with minimal effort.
Basic car body before modifications 7000
2006 or 2007 SRT donor car 20000
Body modifications 15000
Fabrication and installation of all components 15000
Bodywork and Paint subject to your upgraded requirements 15000
Interior rework including air conditioning 7500
Shaker Hood and components 3500
Wheel and Tires 18*7 Front and 20*10 Rears EST. the tire size of 3000
Outside services, sublet, and misc support items 5500
The total main project not including upgrades 91000
Custom one off wheel design 6000
Upgraded leather interior 2500
Pro Charger 600HP engine upgrade 6000
Total including all upgrades 105500
This includes about 800 hours in labor at $55 an hour I have included a discount of $10 which is about 15%. We will experience certain cost saving on the large items. I also believe that we will experience cost reductions based on how and when we find the donor car everything else really depends on the amount of modification that the body requires. I also would like to have the seats reworked the way the SRT seats are done with the HOV in place of the SRT logos. Carl and I have discussed the paintwork a little and have to throw out some ideas included on the drawing provided. If you want to change colors let me know we can work up a color change on the rendition. I have included the things like power windows and remote opening door locks. With over $60k in parts, material, and outside labor this is only an estimate but I believe it is on the high side and could offer us a substantial area for cost savings. I am sure we can do the entire project for under the budget. What I would like to see on the payment is that we cover the cost of the donor car and the project car when purchased and get progress payments every two weeks based on the labor hours and costs incurred. I will submit a billing statement by email and then would like to get paid by the following week. We could put the charges on a corp. credit card if that is easier than processing payment thru an accounting department. Just let me know what is easier for you to handle.
1970 Dodge Challenger VS 2006 Charger Specs SRT8 Sedan
• 6,059 cc 6.1 liters V 8 front engine with 103 mm bore, 90.9 mm stroke, 10.3 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder
• Multi-point injection fuel system
• 19-gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
• Power: 425 HP SAE @ 6,200 rpm; 420 ft-lb Basic
• Supercharged Version 595HP SAE @ 5500rpm; 575 ft lb
TRANSMISSION and SUSPENSION
• 5 Spd Automatic Manual override shifting
• Wishbone front suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs , multi-link rear suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs
EXTERIOR and BODY
• Body-color front and rear bumpers
• Trunk/hatch spoiler
• Front lower air dam spoiler
• Lowered Body 4” front and 3” rear
• Shaved Door handles and all side marker lights with remote entry
• Blacked out front grille
• Chrome package color matched to body paint colors
• 2007 Charger Headlights: Dual, recessed
• Front fog lights
• Complex surface lens halogen bulb headlights
• Taillights: Single light bar style, with a center section serving as reverse indicator, with Dodge logo on the reverse indicator.
• HOV Challenger LED sequels action
• Shaker Hood. This hood system, unlike the Power Bulge Hood, did feed air directly into the engine. Hood scoop was actually affixed to the carburetors and moved with the engine while poking through the large hole cut in the hood.
• Gas Caps: Chrome, raised, flip open race style cap with "FUEL" in raised chrome letters on the black background.
• Exterior Mirrors: Optional chrome or body colored remote controlled "racing mirror".
Exterior Striping Offered: tail end "bumblebee stripe" including HOV Hemi 600HP
o Length: 191.5 inches
o Width 75.5 inches
o Height 51 inches
o Weight: Two-door hardtop 3020
• Air conditioning
• Audio system with satellite and CD player
• Cruise control
• Sports electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat with height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments, and tilt adjustment
• Two height adjustable head restraints on front seats, two head restraints on rear seats Door Panels: The standard door panel was one piece molded plastic, in the interior trim color.
• Seats: High back bucket seats in the front were optional on all models, and standard in the R/Ts
• Power steering
• Front power windows
• Remote control remote trunk/hatch release
• Suede seat upholstery with upgraded HOV leather package
• Six speaker Bose system
• The dash pad was color-coded to match the interior trim color.
• 2007 Charger Dash Cluster full instrumentation
• 1970 Challenger Gauge Cluster: An optional 'Rallye' instrument cluster contained four large equal sized pods. From left to right, they were a 150 mph speedometer, 8,000 rpm tachometer, clock and one pod containing four gauges, being oil pressure, alternator, engine temperature and fuel. This cluster was offered in the T/A but was not standard even though it was a performance model.
• 2007 Charger Steering wheel mounted remote audio controls
• Leather covered multi-function steering wheel with tilt adjustment and telescopic adjustment1970 Challenger Steering Wheel: The last option was the "Tough Wheel". It had a black or color coded grip and center horn button, with brushed silver finish on the sides of the horn button and the 3 split style spokes also had the brushed silver look.
• The Standard base model Challengers came with 10 X 2.5-inch drum brakes in the front and rear.
• 2007 Charger
• Four-wheel ABS
• Brake assist system
• Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs
• Electronic traction control via ABS & engine management