We here at Borowski Race Engines, Inc are big fans of Callies cranks and rods for a lot of reasons. Performance is always part of the equation but durability is right up there. As we see it, price is less important than performance and durability since if it either doesn't work or wrecks your engine, it was a bad deal. Low cost Chinese materials or parts may be okay in low performance engines coming from the OEMs but they have no business in high performance builds such as whatever you are thinking about right now.
Callies has now introduced an upgrade to their already awesome Magnum line of LS crankshafts - center weighting. The additional counterweights substantially stiffen the crank to prevent flexing. Check out the video to hear what Callies says first hand.
Here are the specs for the Magnum LS crank:
* Magnums are Sold Counterweight Prepped for a 1785g Bobweight
* Average Weight for 4.000 in. Stroke Balanced to 1750g Bob. = 47 lbs.
* Gun Drilled Mains
* All Rod Journals Lightened
* Dual Linear Post Keyways
* Stroke Availability from 3.75 in. to 4.125 in.
* Heat Treatment = Perma Case Deep Nitride
* Additional Post Keyways, Custom Post Drilling
* Custom Flange Bolt & Dowel Drilling
* 2.100, 2.000, 1.888 and 1.825 Rod Journal Diameters
* Extended Length Post for LS7 Type Front Assembly
* Custom Reluctor Hub Machining or Removal
* 24 or 58 Tooth Billet Reluctors Installed
We stock Callies cranks and rods both for our own engine builds, and as authorized dealers for resale. Give us a call at 815-725-2727 for whatever your needs may be.