We here at Borowski Race Engines, Inc are big fans of Callies cranks and rods for a lot of reasons. Performance is always part of the equation but durability is right up there. As we see it, price is less important than performance and durability since if it either doesn't work or wrecks your engine, it was a bad deal. Low cost materials or parts may be okay in low performance engines coming from the OEMs. If you want really big power, low-end parts have no business in high performance builds such as whatever you are thinking about right now.
Callies has now introduced an upgrade to their already awesome Magnum line of LS crankshafts - center weighting. The additional counterweights substantially stiffen the crank to prevent flexing. Check out the video to hear what Callies says first hand or click the BUY IT NOW link to get to our website for more information or to place your order.
Here are the specs for the Magnum CCW LS crank:
• Stroke range of 2.720” to 4.250”
• Fully counterweighted
• Counterweight prepped for a minimum 1830g bob weight
• Dual linear post keyways
• Average weight 47 lb.
• Gun drilled mains & lightened rods
• Additional post keyways available
• Custom flange bolt and dowel drilling available
• 2.100”, 2.000”, 1.888”, 1.850” rod journal diameters
• LS, LS7, or LT posts configurations
• Custom reluctor hub machining or removal
* Additional Post Keyways, Custom Post Drilling
* Custom Flange Bolt & Dowel Drilling
* 2.100, 2.000, 1.888 and 1.825 Rod Journal Diameters
* Extended Length Post for LS7 Type Front Assembly
* Custom Reluctor Hub Machining or Removal
* 24 or 58 Tooth Billet Reluctors Installed
We stock Callies cranks and rods both for our own engine builds, and as authorized dealers for resale. Give us a call at 815-725-2727 for whatever your needs may be.