This pains me to do, but if anyone is interested, I'm officially letting go of this nearly completed project as-is. I simply do not have the desire, man hours, or another set of hands anymore to finish this frame-off. It's about 80% of the way there, and has about 95% of the parts to reach the finish line. HUNDREDS of man hours spent at this point. The sale will include every single Corvette part I have. I have brand new body mounts waiting for the body to be dropped down on the chassis, but I'll be selling the project in two pieces -- you can keep the body dolly. Parts included are the $2,000 order I made months back from Eckler's including new weatherstripping, carpet, seat belts, floor mats, seat covers, dash, door cards, steering column, steering wheel are all included.
I have fully documented this entire build and feel my firm asking price of $17,500 for everything is a steal considering time and money invested. Even if you splurged to complete everything, you'd still have a brilliant resto-mod for less than $20,000.
Email or text ONLY.
1979 Chevrolet Corvette L82 Auto Frame Off Restoration Build Sheet:
This car rolled into our garage and had been sitting undriven for about 10 years prior. The entire car was disassembled; every nut and bolt. As we put the car back together we wanted to build a car that would look clean yet turn heads, drive as good if not better than it did in 1979, and have plenty of reliable power for the street. To achieve this, countless man hours went into refinishing every part still in good working order, while we replaced the rest with pieces from reputable vendors such as Ecklers, Willcox, Paragon, Van Steel, etc.
Paint and Body
- Sandblasted and powdercoated frame, crossmembers, bumper bars, and control arms courtesy of Asheville Paint & Powder in Asheville, NC.
- New body mounts, new body mount bolts and mounting points, crossmember cushions, new rear end front mount cushion,
- A fresh layer of undercoating applied to the wheel wells and undercarriage prior to mating the body back to the powdercoated frame.
- A fresh paint job in Chevrolet's current "Red Hot" color.
Engine, Transmission, Differential, Fueling, and Exhaust
- Freshly built 355ci Small Block Chevrolet by M&M Machine Shop in Charlotte, NC rated at 350HP/450TQ: 4 bolt main block with forged internals, 375 angle plug heads with PRW roller rocker internals, Edelbrock performance intake, Holley 600 carburetor with electric choke, chrome oil pan, chrome timing chain cover, chrome tall valve covers.
- Refinished TH350 Automatic transmission with new Federal Mogul front and rear seals, new transmission filter, new transmission pan gasket, new transmission mount.
- Ceramic shorty headers.
- Refinished driveshaft and halfshafts with new Precision universal joints.
- Refinished rear end with new seals, gaskets, fluid, etc.
- Refinished OEM gas tank with refinished fuel lines and new: anti-squeak insulator kit, rubber hoses, fuel tank gaskets, stainless steel hardware, fuel sock/strainer.
Suspension and Steering
- Willcox Front Suspension Deluxe Rubber Bushing Kit that included all new: tie rod ends, tie rod sleeves, ball joints, control arm bushings, front stabilizer link kit, upper and lower control arm bumpers.
- New Moog idler arm, all new power steering hoses, remanufactured steering valve and steering cylinder.
- New front wheel bearings with refinished hub assemblies.
- Van Steel rear wheel bearing assemblies, refinished rear trailing arms, new trailing arms bolts, new sleeves, new washers, etc.
- New KYB GR-2 front and rear shocks.
- Lowered stance due to a refurbished, slightly trimmed front spring and new 8" adjustable bolts in the rear.
- Refinished rear leaf spring with new leaf liners, new spring cushions and new hardware.
- Adjustable strut rods.
Wheels, Tires and Brakes
- 15x8 American Racing Torq Thrusts II with 255/60/15 Goodyear Eagle #1 Tires.
- Remanufactured Delco Moraine calipers, new Brakemotive slotted/drilled rotors, new Evolution ceramic brake pads.
- New steel brake lines from Paragon, new rubber brake hoses, new parking brake shoes and new hardware.
- New cut-pile black carpet and floor mats, new door panels, new armrests, new kick panels, new seat covers, new seat belts, new shifter boot, new parking brake cover, new steering wheel, new weatherstrip kit, new dash overlay, new center console and switches, refinished seat frames.
- Refinished headlight assemblies with new Sylvania Xtravision H5006 and H5001 bulbs, new rubber dust boots, new springs, refinished hardware and new fiberglass headlight bezels.