Quick Fuel Q-Series Carburetors are built for the ultimate blend of performance and drive-ability.
Featuring jet extensions and a notched float, tuning is exactly what you’d expect from a race ready carburetor.
Ideally suited for bracket racers and weekend warriors alike, Q-Series carburetors are purpose-built for the dragstrip. To combat the g’s experienced during hard launches, Q-Series carbs are equipped with notched floats and secondary jet extensions. The high-flow aluminum main body isn’t just lightweight, but it also features recessed air bleed cavities for improved air flow. Die-cast venturi are machined to exacting tolerances for outstanding throttle response. Billet metering blocks ensure a uniform fuel curve, while throttle-bodies enhance durability. For those days when track conditions vary from one pass to the next, QFT’s QuickLink system makes adjusting the secondaries easy on models equipped with mechanical secondaries. The Q-Series is our most comprehensive line of carburetors, with applications available for use with gasoline, methanol, and E85 fuels, forced induction, drag race, circle track, and comes in both vacuum and mechanical secondary models.
Street duty is no sweat for the Q-Series with its built in vacuum tubes and four corner idle.
· All aluminum (upgrade from existing designs)
· Tumbled finish for a high luster that protects against contaminants
· Recessed air bleeds out of air stream to improve airflow
· Raised accelerator pump squirter nozzle boss also out of air stream to reduce the possibility of high-speed pullover or "dribbling"
· CNC-machined from solid aluminum
· 4 stages of emulsion help break up solid fuel for leaner air/fuel sooner & excellent throttle response
· Stainless steel idle mixture screw with a superior nylon seal that won't deteriorate over time like cork
· Machined internal passages (vs. die-cast cored holes) ensure consistent performance and almost no chance of porosity holes cross-talking between passages
· 4-corner idle system for fine-tuning even with extremely long duration camshafts
· CNC-machined from solid aluminum for a more stable platform than die-cast equivalent
· Teflon-coated throttle shafts with Teflon ribbon bearings reduce rotational resistance and nearly eliminate the use of the throttle body shaft hole as a bushing (great protection in dirt environments)
· Mechanical secondary carbs have the Quick Link Secondary Opening System that enables rate adjustment simply by changing links (available opening rates: 40%, 60%, 1:1)
· Mechanical secondary carbs also have adjustable secondary airflow cam brackets that allow better idle tuning with race-oriented camshaft profiles
· Die-cast aluminum for cooler fuel resulting in fewer fuel percolation problems
· Sight glass to monitor fuel level without risking fuel spillage
· All standard service replacement parts accepted
· Floats based on application, i.e. Drag Race Carbs have notched floats & secondary jet extensions
Vacuum Secondary Carburetors
· Exclusive billet secondary housing cover
· Cover has an integrated screw that allows timing & opening rate adjustments with just a simple turn
· Adjustable housing offers much finer tuning to dial-in application