As usual, Borowski Race Engines will be at the front of the line for the latest Dart LS Next product release. Their LS Next SHP Pro is a major upgrade as it steps their skirted iron block up to the same 220 BHN iron as their original LS Next blocks. That's about a 1/3 increase in tensile strength which is a really big deal. It's such a big deal that we are now revising our crate engine recipes to take advantage of this new product.
Here is what Dart says:
Dart Machinery continues the evolution of the LS Next platform by releasing the all new SHP LS Next PRO block! Designed for high performance applications, the SHP LS NEXT PRO block is the ideal starting point for drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts. This new superior strength 220 BHN cast iron block features a full skirt design with a priority main oiling system, steel four-bolt main caps with upgraded ARP main studs and provisions for stock and aftermarket oil filter mounting. The Dart SHP LS Next PRO is the perfect high performance upgrade for your factory LS block.
- Superior strength 220 BHN Cast Iron
- Steel 4-bolt main caps with upgraded ARP main studs
- Lifter oil crossover with restrictor provision
- 6-bolt per cylinder capability
- 4.000 and to 4.125 inch standard bore sizes
- May be over-bored to 4.185 inch
- Factory oil filter provision
- 8-counterweight machining
- Full skirt design
- Priority main oiling
- Siamese cylinder bores
- Thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal
- Parts kit included (PN: 32000018)
The price indicated is "as-produced" by Dart. We can also supply it to you in any form from fully-machined / assembly ready all the way to a finished engine with all the bells and whistles. Click the BUY IT NOW LINK for more details on these options.