When Dart introduced the LS Next block in 2013, it opened the door to mechanically reliable big horsepower builds. The design featured a bottom end with splayed billet main caps, priority main oiling, 6-bolt head provisions, longer cylinder barrels and much more. The iron, aluminum, Darton sleeved and billet variants essentially blew the top off horsepower limitations and we at BOROWSKI RACE ENGINES, INC. were all over the LS Next from Day 1 as its advantages were glaringly obvious. We have since built a gamut of power including NA, supercharged, turbo and nitrous engines. As usual, we were first in line with pre-production orders for the SHP LS Next and received Block #002 (along with the its photo with Richard Maskin, Dart's President). Dart cut up Block #001 as a first article inspection.
The DART SHP LS NEXT Cast Iron block features a fully-skirted design with a priority main oiling system and provisions for stock and aftermarket oil filter mounting, while retaining the key enhancements of the LS Next. Unlike its predecessors, the SHP LS Next is directly compatible with many of the OEM parts such as the oil pan, filter and accessories.
The SHP LS Next Block is an ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts. Its lower price point and inter-compatibility of parts greatly reduces the cost and complexity of building or swapping out an OEM LS. It effectively fills the gap between an OEM block and the high end range covered by the skirtless LS Next. At BOROWSKI RACE ENGINES, we will be using the SHP LS Next in our flagship 1,000 hp Whipple-supercharged LS7s and saving the skirtless iron blocks for our really big power builds.
- Dart priority main oiling system with provisions for stock oil filter mounting.
- Siamesed cylinder bores with thick walls.
- Cylinder barrels extended .375” at the bottom of the bores relative to OEM.
- Thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
- Blind head bolt holes.
- 6 bolt per cylinder capability.
- Scalloped water jackets increase flow around cylinders for better cooling.
- Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
- Provisions for LSX roller lifters and cam.
- Uses OE front and rear covers.
- All OE bolt holes for starter, water pump, etc.
- Parts kit sold separately
- Deck Height: 9.240” (stock)
- Cylinder Bores: 4.125
- Main Bearings Size: Stock LS
- Main Caps: Steel 4-bolt, splayed middle main caps
- Cam Location: Stock 55mm
- Lifter Bores: Stock .842” dia.
The 'Fully Machined" option gives you an assembly ready painted block with cam bearings and oil galley plugs installed. The machining is exactly the same as we do for our own builds. Call us now to order yours now any way you want it: “in the box”, finish machined as priced in this ad, short block, long block or complete crate engine from 600hp NA to 1,000 hp with power adder.
Want to discuss or order any other Dart products? We carry inventory of their entire line of LS Next blocks, Pro1 heads and more. If we don't have it, we will get it for you. Call us at 815-725-2727 to talk to the Dart dealers who know from hands-on experience building cutting-edge engines.