* Full paint job on one of my other cars. Even trade for a full paint job
1974 Javelin (not AMX)
Location: Bloomington, IL
Title: Clean Illinois title in my name
Listed: Two AMC groups, marketplace and craigslist
STEEL WHEELS ARE ALREADY GONE. I mentioned that in the add, but still have 20 pm's asking.
I’m reposting like I said I would having gathered all the information I could and took some pictures of the inside. Just to cover some of the questions I was asked
1. I’m not hurting for money so if you can’t afford it I’m firm on the price
2. I have a 69 Firebird and a 72 Chevelle I’m more interested in so it will be years before I get to it.
3. I would consider a trade, no idea what but it never hurts to ask. (FYI no 1980 omni)
4. Yes I do think the price is fair. I’ve built cars and you can invest this amount in body work rebuilding a different one.
5. Yes you can look it over in person first. Not sure why so many people asked.
6. Cash only. For safety reasons we can handle the cash at a bank if you need. Or just hand me the cash and Ill hand you the title. Some people get nervous.
7. Most of the parts will fit in the car so if you only have a trailer that will work.
8. Weekends are the only time I can meet to sell the car.
9. Yes I will deliver up to 200 miles, but only after the car is paid for, inspected in person and I will NOT responsible for anything that happens in transit. I am not a professional delivery person, but have never had an issue. There will be a fee, $60.00 for the trailer and X amount per mile.
10. All glass is good. Door glass is not installed and rear ¼ glass is not.
Now onto the description:
No drivetrain – I think I have the driveshaft, but if might not be the correct one.
The paint is now two years old. It’s been under a cover in my garage the entire time.
Color: Synergy Green with flat black
Under the hood was not prepped and I planned to glue in insulation.
Anything that is not painted is coated in pour 15
Factory brakes and they do not look hooked up. The line going to the rear is unhooked.
I planned to install disc so I never looked into this, but a member asked.
Wheels: Mustang as shown and they have spacers so the hubs clear (I do not have the old ones). Two (tires are flat from sitting.)
New carpet still in the box
Seat cores: 2 buckets, 1 rear. I also have a set of seat tracks I ordered off eBay someplace in my house. These do not come with the car unless I find them. I’m 80% sure I’ll find them, but I’m just saying now that there is a chance I won’t find them.
AMX door panels (used and will need cleaned up)
Black dash no cracks) (original was tan so the vin is removed and I have not reinstalled it on the black one)
Dash cage has been coated in pour 15
Correct rivets for vin tag
Console (has small easy to repair damage on the side)
New exterior door handles
New fiberglass bumpers (not gel coated or painted)
New side markers
I have the shifter, but the handle is damaged and needs replaced
Doors are shells, but I have all the parts and they are separated by side.
Rear ¼ windows and full bolt in assemblies. In case you have never done these they are full bolt in panels. You just apply glue and then bolt the panel in place that has all the gears already together.
Two sets of tail lights
2 or 3 sets of trim
Headliner (needs recovered) and speaker shelf (also needs recovered)
Most parts have duplicates
I found two wiring harnesses. One looks like a dash and one looks like the tail light harness.
Other than what’s shown the truck is packed with parts and I honestly didn’t want to look through everything, but if that’s what it takes I will spend a day and go through it. I stripped an AMX for the interior.
If and when you buy the car we can go through everything in the garage in case I missed anything. You are welcome to all the AMC parts. Since I had a firebird in there at one time there was a couple pieces I just wasn’t sure about.