Any idea what this combo will run?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Just having fun guys

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
14.20ET at best, 13 anything would be better than you would expect.
My 2 cents
I thought a stock Chevelle w/ only minor tuning running on bias-ply pizza cutters having a 4sd, simiar or higher gears, in totally stock form @ several street drags, tested in several acticles, have done better than that (14.20). I think a stock COPO 1st gen. Camaro w/a 427 & 4sd with pathetic tires was at least in the high 12's having no after market parts beyond its original form. Granted it was driven to the peak of its ability & tuned the same, but his Chevelle w/ 500+ Hp, & 4:10's w/a 4spd surely would beat 14.20??? I could be wrong, but that sounds too slow. Scooter
I agree that the car could and can be very close to 11.50 but I have also seen a lot of desk top dynoed engines down at the dairy queen that run low 9's but have never been to the track, then when they finally get there and get the 13.99 + second time slip to there shock and then decide to compare reaction times cus there car is too powerful for the track on wed night or some excuse to that order. The frustration of taking your 12 second car to the track and getting the 14 second time slip is very common. I factored in the clutch and the missed shift, tire spin and all the likely factors, and if the car runs what it could, then the owner's feet will never touch the ground because he expected a 14.20 et cus that dumb ass on the internet was way off on his guess, what an idiot. But if I expected 11.50ET and ran 13.99Et I might be frustrated and disappointed with my car no doubt. Now next time I try to give a guy some easily attainable goal like this, in the hope that he is elated to do better than predicted, please don't make me spill the beans and explane it to my journeyman race junker's :wink: :lol: :lol:
I'm just having fun guys, I hope every one gets the humor on the last part.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 AM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

I guess I should have explained a little better. I'm new to HERE, not to racing. I'm 53 and have been down the track far too many times to count. I just was trying to get some opinions on the car with this motor setup. As for the traction, its not an issue. As for the missed shift.....I suppose it could happen, but its darn few and far between.
Thanks for the responses and sorry for the confusion.[/u]
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Just having fun guys

because he expected a 14.20 et cus that dumb ass on the internet was way off on his guess, what an idiot. But if I expected 11.50ET and ran 13.99Et I might be frustrated and disappointed with my car no doubt. Now next time I try to give a guy some easily attainable goal like this, in the hope that he is elated to do better than predicted, please don't make me spill the beans and explane it to my journeyman race junker's :wink: :lol: :lol:
I'm just having fun guys, I hope every one gets the humor on the last part. [/quote]

Now that was funny!! I wondered if you were just poking some fun... thanks for the explaination!! Seriously, if my ET depended on a 4 speed, I would be blowing syncros left & right. kudos to hotnewmach if he kills the benchmark Scooter
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM
R66SS427
JOURNEYMAN

Very first pass.....11.28 at 124. 1.49 60 ft. I drove the car 90 miles to the track, broke nothing, and drove it home. I'm happy.