Anyone build headers in North Ga area?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I agree...headers are such a critical tuning tool that you want as good a job as possible. Pay for a good,long lasting set just once or pay less FOR less, time and again.... The guys/gals who build 'em professionally are going to give you your monies worth.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Custom headers are not cheap. You may try Tim Murphy at The Fab Shop. He has a deal that he sends to you, you adjust the angles with supplied gauge and tool, clamp them tight and send back for final weld.

Check out the link:

http://www.fabshopheaders.com/adjust...tructions.html
Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

I appreciate all the advice. I was expecting to pay a pretty fair amount for some headers cause I paid $800 a couple of years ago for some for the Vega I had. I thought they would be aroung the same price, not doubled the price now.

Chris
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bowtie4542001
I appreciate all the advice. I was expecting to pay a pretty fair amount for some headers cause I paid $800 a couple of years ago for some for the Vega I had. I thought they would be aroung the same price, not doubled the price now.

Chris

Hey cris sorry just getting back with you been on vacation...you can try the same guy i put you on last time..if i remember correctly he built those headers for your vega while you waited up here that same day.

His name is Craig Owen 864-918-2735

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

I just went through the same deal. 1500 - 1700 bucks seemed a little high for a set of 2 1/4" small block headers in an altered. I bought a kit from Stahl, pipes are already bent, slip on collectors so I all I had to do is weld it to the flanges. The kit was right at 500 shipped.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

A weld up set is not hard to do. Just take you time and do it neat. If you have to tack 'em up a get someone to tig 'em for you. Either way do youself a favor and get 'em ceramic coated. That will make 'em last a lot longer.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks Rabbit, I will get them coated. Hey Brian, thanks for the number, they did weld my last pair up while I waited. Maybe I can come up there and see you and the family again .
Chris
Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 PM
phillip1320
SHOW GUEST

Default hey chris

chris im phillip from Hedman The thing is on hedders for your car is the opel has limited room even though it is a chassis car... and you said you have arms as well if it were a strut front end it would be easier to build. yes i understand your shock as you say about th price but when you count in the cost of materials and welding supplies and a person to build you a custon set on your car for a 18degree motor. it adds up! either us or lakepoint tube chassis would build you a custom set for your car that would have sparkplug clearence and a-arm travel and ground clearance as much as possible with it being a very low opel. chris i hope you find someone to do this but it might be a costly job to have done! good luck chris if you need a kit or just a bunch of bends and flanges ,give me a shout! hope this helps later phillip [/i]
Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Chris, you have another option, other than going under the car, you could put a hole in the back of the front fenders and run a combination of fenderwell type headers, we're seeing more of this type setup in the last couple yrs. on a-arm chassis cars, i have a friend who has Baretta with this type setup. The tubes are about 24" long then the collector.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:01 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Chris, you have another option, other than going under the car, you could put a hole in the back of the front fenders and run a combination of fenderwell type headers, we're seeing more of this type setup in the last couple yrs. on a-arm chassis cars, i have a friend who has Baretta with this type setup. The tubes are about 24" long then the collector.

JMO

Zip.
thats what most everyone Runs up here in the 10.5 class and other Big hp applications..I also run this fender well type header on my Nova and will never go back to under the car type headers on this type car..very little fumes to fight breathing and the noise level is reduced drastically...but you will see people standing outside the car holding their ears.. just the same with Zoomies

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -