Educate me

Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
FordTough
APPRENTICE

Default Hey yall

yeah i know alot of people into the muscle cars i go to street races every saturday night in jax and my brother is well connected and has his own muscle car which is pretty known so i am getitng into it myself since i basically got a foot in the door
Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Hey yall

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnyte
yeah i know alot of people into the muscle cars i go to street races every saturday night in jax and my brother is well connected and has his own muscle car which is pretty known so i am getitng into it myself since i basically got a foot in the door
Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from the street racing. Not worth it.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
FordTough
APPRENTICE

Actually its nothing but a car show and occasionally someone drags and struts their stuff out in the middle of no where safely and away from people. I say that because thats what i was originally caleld now its just a gathering of friends but invite only and alot of people, I'm not gonna be street racing but just showin my ride off having a good time, Btw Tod check out my bodywork project post maybe you could gimme some good insight please sir.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 AM
alk
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by kwkracing
Start taking every nut and bolt off your hotrod, and dont stop for about two days. Thats the fun part, then put it back together. The more you do it, the more you will learn where those extra pieces went.
Be sure to put them all in one container and shake well before reassembly. At least thats how it ends up in my garage...
Old 09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

Bag and tag as stated,good repair maunal as stated.Also,a good digital camera can come in handy!...
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I read a book long ago: How to build Hot-Rod big block Chevy's... written in the 60's I think. It was great about cams, taught me about closed/open chamber heads, some info about carbs, everything... I still have that book in the shop. It was my first intro to altered motor/basics. Good luck & welcome.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Just where is it you are from :?:
Old 09-15-2010, 10:59 PM
FordTough
APPRENTICE

From New York, Living in Jax, FL now.