Angry Ok I am getting fed up!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
I am glad that you can get all the PHS (Pontiac Historical Society) documentation for $75! Its super detailed but having that actual build sheet is a bonus.
It's a shame they did not document the Chevrolets like that. Lots of cars could be worth more if they could prove what they were.It would also stop a lot of the fraud and fake build sheets number swapping etc.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I agree!! The build sheet is one more tool on the box that adds value/history. Tod, I will take you up on that (team Chevelle). I had heard that the build sheets also got thrown in the trash can at the plant too. that would be nice to know the exact location it is in before I start dropping the tank, removing the seat or scouring the under dash...
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
I agree!! The build sheet is one more tool on the box that adds value/history. Tod, I will take you up on that (team Chevelle). I had heard that the build sheets also got thrown in the trash can at the plant too. that would be nice to know the exact location it is in before I start dropping the tank, removing the seat or scouring the under dash...
They were supposed to be thrown in the trash. They were never meant to be found. I assume it was just easier for the workers to stuff em in a seat. I am 2nd or 3rd owner of my chevelle and there is no build sheet. I have the car completely apart. not there.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ok Tod,

I pulled all the #'s & codes/vin everything & posted them on Team Chevelle. I pulled the rear seat too... not there. I found a very interesting document from GM wadded up in the glove box though. It is labled a "Soft Trim Broadcast" & has many codes on it for my car like "20" for the trans & "EA" for the 327. I have never seen this sheet before... not sure what it is. I will see what the chevelle dudes say once they decipher all the codes on this car. Scoot
Old 11-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter I just read your post over there and as predicted, they have already given some great info about your car. The one guy that answered "DALE M" is extremely knowledgeable. He has a site of his own "chevellestuff.net" with just about anything you want to know sorted by year.Everything from paint codes to vin decode

I hope you don't mind I posted your pics from rj that Rudy posted.

I put them in your original thread in the new member introduction.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I am glad you posted them so I do not have to do it (not too computer saavy).

Anyways, I checked everthing & went onto Chevelle stuff as well. Thanks for all the tips. Scooter