Info on fordsquad01 #760423

Old 05-27-2015, 03:01 AM
bbfmavrick
SHOW GUEST

Default Info on fordsquad01 #760423

I need to know if anyone here has any info on this seller. He is supposed to be in the Washington DC area. Trying to deal on engine he has. One of those deals that sounds to good to be true u know. He has ask me to send $500 to hold until I can get there. On the phone he sounds very nervous.And he is a foreigner.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:01 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Never heard of him. Hold money is a deposit to buy. If you don't buy it after you get there, you won't get your deposit back in most cases. Keep in contact, take your chances no one else buys it, and just go there when you can. JMO.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:19 AM
bbfmavrick
SHOW GUEST

Yea,thats what I was thinking also. Thx Rick
Old 05-29-2015, 09:30 AM
bbfmavrick
SHOW GUEST

This guy is most likely a Scammer and a poor one at that. I have tried extensively on the phone to work w/him on this engine he has listed. He demands that I send him money to hold until sale is complete.Yet he will not tell me when or where I can see this item. I told him at the beginning of the week that I needed him to get in contact w/me by Thursday(yesterday) so I could bring the full amount w/me . And he refuses to work w/me. I think others need to know this. He has what sounds like a pakistanny accent.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:30 PM
MadMustangs
SHOW GUEST

I'm going through the same with this guy. Claims his name is Brian Weber, but has heavy accent and wants to communicate via text. Secondly, he indicated he was going to put engine in a Chevelle...really? A Boss 302 in a Chevelle? Next, his account on here is fordsquad01, yet his email is [email protected]. Engineer.com is a common DNS for scammers. Also, the phone number listed is registered in another name.

BBFMavrick...are you local to DC? If so, then I would only entertain buying this in person with witness. Not sure if he is a scammer, but seems to be.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:46 PM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

I did a profile search for fordsquad01 and he does not have an account.
Also if #760423 is his ad number it does not exist either (three digits short).
Is he advertising on RJ or some other place?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:54 AM
MadMustangs
SHOW GUEST

This is the ad that I was interested in...Ad #182493687. He wants me to send $500 deposit via Walmart and will ship motor. After motor is received by me and validated, I should send the remaining $5,500. He emailed me a contract that stated such an arrangement.

1. Says his name is Brian Weber. Cannot locate a Brian Weber in DC that matches this guy.
2. Says his address is 521 Peabody St NE, Washington, DC. Cannot find Brian Weber at this address
3. Says his phone is 202-792-0927. Cannot find who owns that phone. One search came up with Arlett Bivin
4. Wants to use Walmart and refuses to use Escrow.com.
5. Wants me to only send $500 and he would send the motor, saying the 'contract' protects us.
6. Uses engineer.com email domain

To me, all of these items are red flags.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:53 AM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by MadMustangs View Post
This is the ad that I was interested in...Ad #182493687. He wants me to send $500 deposit via Walmart and will ship motor. After motor is received by me and validated, I should send the remaining $5,500. He emailed me a contract that stated such an arrangement.

1. Says his name is Brian Weber. Cannot locate a Brian Weber in DC that matches this guy.
2. Says his address is 521 Peabody St NE, Washington, DC. Cannot find Brian Weber at this address
3. Says his phone is 202-792-0927. Cannot find who owns that phone. One search came up with Arlett Bivin
4. Wants to use Walmart and refuses to use Escrow.com.
5. Wants me to only send $500 and he would send the motor, saying the 'contract' protects us.
6. Uses engineer.com email domain

To me, all of these items are red flags.
Good Job, sounds like you did your home work on this guy.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:38 AM
pro69ta
SHOW GUEST

I have just received the same contract from wmorrase #786007)in DC trying to sell a TR6060. Wants me to send $500 through Wal Mart and the rest after I receive and inspect it. He sent me a copy of his drivers license with the name Markus Gerhard using the email address [email protected]. Texts me from 202-688-7368 and called me from 757-204-6647 (with a heavy foreign accent). I'll pass on this to-good-to-be-true deal. Thanks for the information. Hopefully we can prevent the next guy from sending money too.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:39 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

glad to see people use this forum to beat these jerks.