Thread: 2008 6.4 Diesel Trouble

2008 6.4 Diesel Trouble

Anyone had any problem with there 6.4 diesel engine. Had to put mine in the shop for rocker arms now the problem may be a lifter not a rocker got to wait to tear into it. Truck has less than 95,000 miles on it never had any problems with my 2002 7.3 with over 100,000. This may be the last ford truck I will buy too expensive for me

I personally did not have a 6.4, like you I had a 7.3 Power Stroke with no problems. I have a friend who had a 6.4 and had a problem like you are having.
    He started off with a rocker, and then it escalated to a lifter, then to something else, and then got rid of it. International Harvester made the 7.3 and Ford made the 6.4 I understand. Good luck with your repair.

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The 6.4 is a turd, look at the resale value on the trucks that have them, its terrible...
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

I think I may end up trading it for a Dodge.

Good choice.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR Swiley383's Avatar
    I don't think you can go wrong with a cummins or duramax. I know the ford 6.0 were junk also.

200,000 on my 6.4 king ranch with zero issues. Just regular repair and maintenance. Hope you can resolve your problem