Top secret !! Are vehicle prices top secret? Cant seem to find prices in some ads?

Old 11-05-2014, 11:28 PM
edshotrod
SHOW GUEST

Default Top secret !! Are vehicle prices top secret? Cant seem to find prices in some ads?

TOP SECRET !! ARE VEHICLE PRICES TOP SECRET? CAN'T SEEM TO FIND PRICES IN SOME ADS? if we are hiding our personal claim values for our trophy vehicles that's fine. just keep them secret so you wont have to answer any responses. [unless a possible buyer may want a price?] this will keep your trophy vehicle displayed correctly and unsold. *****NEW RULE !!! if your ad don't have a price or estimated value for trade you are no longer allowed to get pissed or upset when you grab an item at a swap meet, auto supply store or department store that don't have a price posted. ****THE EXCEPTION TO THE NEW RULE > !! *you must have a perfect explanation why your car don't have a price or value for trade. if your explanation for having 'no value' meets approval you are excused from the new rule. if you are looking for offers please realize its hard to offer a fair price for a car we have not actually seen. *****LAST RULE!!! you are no longer allowed to keep your vehicles value 'top secret' from potential buyers unless you actually DONT want to sell/trade your listing. if you insist on lookers making an offer: try going to a department store, swap meet, or auto parts store and getting items and just offer them a price to see if it works. if it does, you don't need to follow any rules for selling/ trading or buying a vehicle. you will do fine on your own accord. for this talent, you will receive in the mail a 'PERFECT SALESMAN AND PURCHASER' certificate. congratulations!!! it. P.S. thanks for reading. I apologize in advance for all the rules for listing a vehicle to sell/trade. after thinking I may have made a mistake thinking a price point can help sell/trade a vehicle. PLEASE DISREGUARD THIS MESSAGE I will now seek further training on how to sell something without a giving the top secret price away. thanks for reading!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:40 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

did we blow a head gasket and letting off a little steam........
Old 11-06-2014, 06:12 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

If the ad does not have a price, I just don't look at that ad.

Maybe RJ should have a separate box for price that has to be filled out to list the ad. If you put $1.00 in that box, you have to sell it for that or it is false advertising.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:02 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I see no reason that not listing a price should be mandatory. Seems no one buying uses it as anywhere near an starting point for an offer...
Old 11-06-2014, 11:02 AM
edshotrod
SHOW GUEST

yes a little steam is gone. I even requested a price and still got make me an offer. asked for a price again and still MAKE AN OFFER. well I should have started at 1.00 and see what was his response was. BUT I bet it would have been negative. so>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> perhaps he missed out on a sale? its simple/ I THINK MY CAR IS IN THE 15,000.00 PRICE AREA! not that difficult to say? plus those of us who have traded and purchased several cars know that [ make an offer ] usually means its expensive compared to a real value. not always but usually. I too don't open a ad without a price but I really wanted this 55 chevy. ill just look elsewhere. the car may have been too good for me anyway!! steam has been let off/ I was so discouraged I had to work so hard to get a price. that is after how great he demanded his car was compared to every other vehicle on this earth. ill pass was a quick response from me . just a simple 'ill pass' just like a simple $$ price $$ could have saved him time explaining the car and not giving a price again. just my damn luck I just don't understand why we cant price a car/ save all the mystery/ save the embarrassment for those who only have a small budget/ limit all the 'HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING' phone calls. I would rather just get the call of those who can afford the car and not those who are dreaming. I must be wrong with my way of thinking. I value my time off the phone. a call seldom comes when you are ready for it, mine often come when I am under a vehicle, or driving. ill let the sleeping dog rest now and no further comment from me. thanks for letting me vent to all that have read!! happy holidays, pray for the vets and their families!!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:49 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Rudy??????
Old 11-07-2014, 03:50 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Funny^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by badfordfreak View Post
Rudy??????
LOL!!!

Ahhhh...memories...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-07-2014, 02:42 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

ah the good old days......
Old 11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

I miss Rudy on here. I also agree, if there is no price I won't even look at it. RIP Jay.