Scam group from number 914-670-9654

Old 10-22-2014, 09:05 AM
joeang
SHOW GUEST

Default Scam group from number 914-670-9654

We recieved a text message from [email protected] requesting info on the car we were selling.The phone number is for text messages only and is not set up to receive calls. He claimed to be a marine engineer and said he had an agent who would pick up the car. We finally agreed and he sent a Paypal email that said the funds would be on hold till we sent the agent costs by Western Union then the funds would be released once we entered the receipt number. The car cost was $4,000 and the shipping was $800. We were supposed to send $800 to Jeff Ellinger in Bourbon Indiana 64504. I told then I could not send the money and did not have it. They said borrow the money! I told them they needed to send me $800 before I sent it on and they did not contact me again.......until we listed a trailer for sale and the exact same text came through my husbands phone. I ignored it and called the police, Racing Junk and the Attorney Generals office in my state. All you can do it seems is fill out forms and hope someone looks at them. Well here's our report. I hope it saves someone else from the same scammers.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 AM
PROST
SHOW GUEST

I got this text this morning, so glad I looked him up. Thank you for taking time to wright.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 PM
WACKO11
SHOW GUEST

I just got a message from this "[email protected]". It's a scam. WATCH IT !!!