Don't trust Gasser 1961

Old 09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
subman631
SHOW GUEST

Default Don't trust Gasser 1961

Beware of buying anything from Vincent Degl'innocenti, (aka Gasser1961) I bought his 1961 ford falcon gasser from him for $16,000 which he said was race ready and ran 10.50 @130 all day on a mild tune. Yeah right and the check is in the mail. He being a LA cop and seemed like a stand up guy. Didn't get a chance to take it down the strip or see him take it down the strip before I bought it. It was anything but ready, had an engine diaper on it which he said was required at the strip he ran which was BS. When we got it home and took it off the block was cracked in two places like it had been frozen. Small block 383 cracked center of the water jacked about 3-4" below the deck. He said he didnt' know it was cracked, (thank god I didn't make a pass in it first). He promised he would make good on it and did send a 4 bolt block that was rough bored 30 over. He also send $250. My cost from the machine shop to fix the block and assemble the short block was $1700. He totally miss represented what he had. Car never saw 10.50 as long as he had it, 4.86 gears and ran out of gear when we raced it at Woodburn. Best was 10.97 at about 117. Also scary as hell going down the track, front end totally out of wack, no caster and no tow in, when we got it all the plugs where set at different gaps. He said set at 45 and company said 34. They were all over the board from about 30 to 40. Tons of other stuff as well. he promised to send money for the new main cap studs, old block was a 2 bolt that was drilled to a 4 bolt splayed block. But he as sent nothing, now won't return phone calls or answer emails or texts. So beware of Gasser1961. The Ad # of the 1961 ford falcon gasser is #182214746. I usually am very careful about buying anything on line from a private seller, but being a cop and sounding so honest I didn't this time..Big Mistake. :evil: