Need your help locating this car......

Old 03-08-2014, 03:46 PM
TBucket1923
SHOW GUEST

Default Need your help locating this car......

I'm needing some help with a "long shot" quest I'm on. My dad built a 1923 T-bucket roadster in the mid 70's. In 1980 he sold the car to a local man where it remained in the Jackson, MS area for the next several years. Eventually it was sold again to another Jackson area local. I have been looking for this car for a few years now in hopes I can locate it possibly buy the car back. I have followed up on the 1-2 leads i have several times but no luck.

I have tried researching the last known LP (MS Antique #1196) and have had no luck. I do not have the VIN number or any other official documentation. I spoke to the man who painted the car many years ago and he said he did in fact see the car near the Ross Barnett Reservoir in Jackson a couple years back but is was in passing on a highway and he is 100% positive that is was my dad's roadster. It is my belief that the car is still located in the Jackson, MS area. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who might know anything about this vehicle or offer advice as to how i can track this car withOUT a VIN number. I have attached the only pics of have of the car and they are from 1979. With the exception of the body, this car was built 100% from scratch by dad. There is nothing on the car that could be considered a "kit" part.

More than likely this car has been thru a lot of changes over the years but the interior, paint and steering setup would more than likely still be as original today. Last time I saw the car was in 1986 and it had wide Tru-Spoke wheels/tires and a blower intake setup.

Here are some distinguishing characteristics that would identify that this is the car i'm looking for:
1. Hand cut walnut dash with centered gauge cluster (Stewart Warner Gauges)
2. Steering column comes up thru the floor and is almost straight up n down.
3. The steering wheel was a custom made 6" dropped "T" style with 4 brass spokes and wood ring.
4. The interior was a darker tan color diamond style tufted and pleated.
5. Brass Radiator.
6. Paint color was a 1976 Cadillac "fire-thorn" red.
7. Brass carriage lights on the cowling.
8. 70's style Mustang/Pinto automatic floor shifter (See pic)
9. Did have some pin striping on the body sides in the door area and on the tailgate. Also had a big letter "T" on the cowling at the base of windshield.
10. Originally had a LT1 350 with an offenhauser cross-ram intake.
11. TH400 Transmission.
12. Had side "wind wings" that attached to the sides of the windshield frame.
13. Headlights are from a 1934 Chevy.

If you have knowledge of where this car is or might be, i would be extremely grateful if you would drop me an email.

Thanks,
Zack

[img]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/ZackMethvin/6-1.jpg

Old 03-08-2014, 04:32 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Tbucket,
That's one fine ride your dad built!
I would think about putting add's in your local newspapers, that way it would reach people that are not online. And someone in the Jackson, Miss area has got to know something about this car.
Also, you could contact area car clubs to see if anyone there know's anything about it's location.

Good luck on finding it, dgh
Old 03-08-2014, 04:55 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I live in the reservoir area and the only one I remember that has a brass radiator is now painted yellow. It has tan/brownish interior in it. I don't know where it is parked, but I occasionally see it around some of the convenience stores. There is a benefit car show in two weeks at one of the local schools. I will see if I can spot it...
Old 03-15-2014, 11:13 AM
TBucket1923
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
I live in the reservoir area and the only one I remember that has a brass radiator is now painted yellow. It has tan/brownish interior in it. I don't know where it is parked, but I occasionally see it around some of the convenience stores. There is a benefit car show in two weeks at one of the local schools. I will see if I can spot it...
That could very well be the Dad's car. That sounds like the interior color and it did have a brass rad. Please check if you see it again and get the persons contact info if possible. I would like to follow up on that. Thanks very much for letting me know about this.

Here are some distinguishing characteristics that would identify that this is the car i'm looking for:
1. Hand cut walnut dash with centered gauge cluster (Stewart Warner Gauges)
2. Steering column (VW bus) comes up thru the floor and is almost straight up n down.
3. The steering wheel was a custom made 6" dropped "T" style with 4 brass spokes and wood ring.
4. The interior was a darker tan color diamond style tufted and pleated.
5. Brass Radiator.
6. Paint color was a 1976 Cadillac "fire-thorn" red.
7. Brass carriage lights on the cowling.
8. 70's style Mustang/Pinto automatic floor shifter (See pic)
9. Did have some pin striping on the body sides in the door area and on the tailgate. Also had a big letter "T" on the cowling at the base of windshield.
10. Originally had a LT1 350 with an offenhauser cross-ram intake.
11. TH400 Transmission.
12. Had side "wind wings" that attached to the sides of the windshield frame.
13. Headlights are from a 1931 Chevy.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 AM
TBucket1923
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
Could you please drop me a PM with your number? I would like to give you a call about this car you have seen.

Thanks
Zack
Old 03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

PM sent...
Old 07-16-2017, 04:54 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I know it's a long shot, since the poster hasn't been on since 2014, but if you are out there, I am pretty sure I found the car...