Need help on the best class to run

Old 12-29-2013, 03:29 PM
ajm4615
SHOW GUEST

Default Need help on the best class to run

Im having a hard time trying to choose a class to run with my new car in and what I should do with it. Im licensed in S/C, S/G, & E.T. I jut finished a T/S corvette with a 572 big chief & power glide. The car is estimated to run high 7's- 8.0. Do I slow it down and run S/C? Is there a better class for me here I don't know about? Do I add something to go faster? I don't have a delay box or throttle stop yet but I do have a crosstalk running. Im not really wanting to run T/S just yet. Id like to get more seat time before I add a blower.
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
AJ
Old 12-31-2013, 02:21 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

How fast have YOU run already
Old 12-31-2013, 04:29 AM
ajm4615
SHOW GUEST

I've been running in S/G and I've been 7.4 bracket racing in a 235" S/C dragster. But those are easy to run. I feel a door car is more challenging. However,... I'm not one to push the envelope before I think I'm ready. Having said that, I feel comfortable in the 7's. The next step I would think, would be T/S. But I know I don't want to push the mid 6's to be competitive. I'm looking for a T/D now to get ready for 2015. The Vette I want to take me this year and so on.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:07 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Get to know your car 1st, seat time is a must. then whatever feels good as far as ET and you and the car work best at, run whatever class that ET fits into.