Thread: 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak Brake Drums

1950 Pontiac Silver Streak Brake Drums

Looking for NEW Rear Brake Drums for a 1950 Pontiac Chieftain Silver Streak. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I can't remember which crosses with what. The "little" Pontiac could use Chevy Drums and I think the big Chief would accept those off the Olds, but that's a long time ago and any NOS parts for those old Pochontases are few and far between. Try Hemmings . . .

Good Luck on this . .

1950 Pontiac Silver Streak Brake Drums

Didn't find them on Hemmings. A friend is checking the Hollander parts interchange book, may have some luck when I know all the other cars the drums fit. Thank You!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I have a buddy who is in the "Junk" Business and has a few Pontiacs. His personal ride is a '51 Pocahantas Converible, beautiful car . . and he says he has a couple of rearends back there.

I don't think you're gonna find any NOS running gear or driveline parts for something that rare.

But, he may have a couple of serviceable drums that you can turn and use . .

PM me with your contact numbers and I'll hook you up with him if you're interested.

I have to agree with roadkill2. NOS running gear is hard to find because so much of it was sold for scrap metal over the years. Keep your eyes open, though. I restore old cars too and you'll find some good original drums that will clean up like new. Mike at Joe Johnson Chevrolet