Saw a WWII battle reenactment this weekend

Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Default Saw a WWII battle reenactment this weekend

We took a murder mystery train ride on Saturday with a group from my wife's work to a small town east of Nashville and while on the train the car host told us the town was doing a reenactment. Where we were standing we saw mainly the German side they had vintage jeeps a half track and several motor cycles. They were shooting blanks from WWII era rifles and pistols even a M2 browning 50 cal some water cooled machine guns. We were still having lunch when it started so we missed the first couple minutes that 50 cal shook the building we where in. After it was over I walked around the area were the battle took place everybody was real nice and even let me check out their weapons. M1 garands, 03 Springfields, tommy guns Mausers Walter P38 real neat stuff made the trip worth it.

God bless the United States Military
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

where was this I would love to visit.. Train and WWII reenactment. .

Last night I ordered a 1858 Remmington .44 cal. ball and cap...They have come a long way..the 44/45 cal now shoots a black powder substitute in the form of a pellet as the propellent..No mess Quick reload..I ordered extra cylinder. The black powder Revolver is now a suitable home defense weapon due to the hard pellets in place of blackpowder. Youwould not want to be on the business end of a .454 ball traveling 1300 fps with over 300 fpe.

I have a guy that can make a custom hollow point for this... I wouldn't want to flaunt it but these guns are not considered firearms with the Feds or State of SC. Which means you could open carry according to the law word for word.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

The train left from the railroad museum in Nashville and we rode to Watertown took 1 1/2 hrs. The train dose not advertise the reenactment we were told because they have no control over whether or not it will happen some years on veterns day they have it and some not.My understanding was that the event was just confirmed early last week and we had purchased tickets a couple months back. What surprised me about the people in the reenactment was the age of most involved was younger than I expected.I saw more people in their teens and 20s and new the history and new the weapons. Maybe there is still hope that the future genarations will remember the great generation and what they fought for.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Bjuice you want believe this but I have never fired a black powder gun. I know I know somthing I have got to do. Keep meaning to shoot my brother in laws muzzle loader when is sighting it in but I have not.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Swiley383
Bjuice you want believe this but I have never fired a black powder gun. I know I know somthing I have got to do. Keep meaning to shoot my brother in laws muzzle loader when is sighting it in but I have not.
Very powerful and LETHAL....NOT considered a firearm by the Feds. If you read SC firearm law the BP gun is just a weapon...If not concealed is legal to open carry just like hunting knife....again I am not the person to go thru the hassle or panic of open carry BP or any gun...just reading how the law classifies it..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I have always wanted a pair of colts chambered in 45 colt and 44-40 but who can afford single action colts. There are some very high quality replicas out there that are much more affordable have to get a couple some day and a top break S&W Scofield replica.