Thread: Spark plugs for headers

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Spark plugs for headers

Guys whats the best spark plug for bracket racing SBC w/headers...Most people tell me accel are junk...whadda u think.. :roll:

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR Swiley383's Avatar
    Can't speak for their plugs but their coils suck they do not last I have had several. I try to run AC in GM street motors. I have NGK in my race motor I may try AC next time. Need more details on the motor if its a dome piston motor you will need non project tip plugs if you have aftermarket heads they may have came with a recommendation to get you in the ball park as far as design and heat range goes. The NGKs in my 383 sbc are about 7 years old. I know I need to change them.

Engine for now is 305 ho, flat top pistons cam 1500-4000 rpm, holley 650 vac sec...

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Autolite AR Racing plugs AR33 thru AR35 depending on heat range needs.

they are shorties to clear headers on both straight plug or angled plug heads, non-projected tip, and really good quality. I have had only one plug failure in over five years, and change them out once a year at beginning of season, just because... and race hard at dirt circle track every weekend thru the summer. You can probably get them from a local parts store, but I order mine through online speed parts outlets. Jim
    I'm not hatin... I'm just sayin...

thanx for info..