Standing forum issues

Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Standing forum issues

I figure its time to start this thread, we have been having issues with the forum since the end of last year. I hope the powers that be read this and give some feedback. Here is what I have noticed.

1. Newbies start dates are listing as 1969 and 1970

2. If I click the "Profile" tab at the top of the page, it takes me back to the Racing Junk main page. This used to be where you could put your personal info along with your Avatar picture.

3. Some people Avatars can be seen but most can not. No way to change my Avatar since I cant get to my profile.

I thought there was something else but I cant remember. Anybody else have issues please post them up.

I also have 1 request, any way we can link Youtube videos like we do pictures? That way we can actually see the video on the post instead of having to go to the Youtube website?

Thanks

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-01-2013, 04:20 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I agree Harbone something needs to be done. I think some of these problems might be why there is less traffic here than normal.

Can you imagine what a ghost town it will be once racing season starts.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The other issue is spammers.
Yes at least some feedback of ANY kind from the Mods ????
Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Maybe someone should have to approve a new member.....

Not trying to be controlling, but something....

This LeBran and the 24 girl topic under Engines are a terrible waste of space and an insult to my intellinence.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Something else I have seen on other forums, how about a "special projects" or "senior members only" section? This would be for members that have been on here for a certain amount of time or have a set minimum amount of posts (say 500?) before you can access that section.

Just a thought...

Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

It isn't only the forum :!: Ever since they sold it ,It has went down hill all around :!: The forum and RJ just isn't the same as it was :!: :!:

Mark
Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
It isn't only the forum :!: Ever since they sold it ,It has went down hill all around :!: The forum and RJ just isn't the same as it was :!: :!:

Mark
I know buts its always kind of been "our" forum with a pretty tight group of guys. We dont get a lot of trash talk and BS on here like you see on other forums.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default post

limited access forum............just a thought but how would you 12 members keep it fresh?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:00 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Ther's lot's of problems since RJ was sold i think the new buyers are just intrested in the money from the ads, and don't worry about maintence. This forum has almost never benn in RJ's intrest even in the past. I haven't seen anything this year from Tom, or is he no longer associated with the forum, BJ hasn't been around much either, maybe he's lost intrest also. Just us old die hards are on here for the most part. I do use the PM section almost daily and look at what's happening here on the forum, but like stated it's almost dead. i don't go to any other forums. I got a really bad virous earlier this week from the H.A.M.B. forum, took me hours to fix my computer (lucky i'm puter savvy). Maybe it's because i run Windows 7 instead of Google crome or one of the other browsers. But if this forum dies i guess i won't be looking anywhere else.

Zip.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:00 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Don't know why message posted twice.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -