Thread: sbc carb

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

sbc carb

750 dominator on sbc
    10.5:1
    aluminum heads
    forged internals
    comp xs290s cam 520/540 lift
    im thinking a 750 dominator is a little big but how do you guys think it would work
    "the only thing that happens to those who wait is that they get older"

"nitrous is like a hot girl with std's you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences"

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I'm running a mild sbc 350 with Eddies performer 70cc heads flat tops rv cam..Purchased a AED 750 dbl pumper 73 jets up front with 4.5 PV..Rear jets 80's no PV..My sb loved that AED 750...You have a bit more motor than me..My 292H cam is in route..

A 750 dominator is the same as a 750 double pumper in airflow, but a completely different carb since it's a dominator based carb. They use skirted boosters to kill airflow through the carb. It's calibration is in need of rework, as they weren't very good. So to answer your question, you'd be better off with a standard 4150 carb over the dominator, but it's still going to have to be calibrated for your combo.
    Mark Goulette
    Owner/Driver of the Livin' the Dream dragster
    www.livinthedreamracing.com
    Speed kills, but it's better than going slow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
    A 750 dominator is the same as a 750 double pumper in airflow, but a completely different carb since it's a dominator based carb. They use skirted boosters to kill airflow through the carb. It's calibration is in need of rework, as they weren't very good. So to answer your question, you'd be better off with a standard 4150 carb over the dominator, but it's still going to have to be calibrated for your combo.
    ^^^^^^ Great info I did not go into details..My point was many told me my sb would not like the 750 cfm..My time slips told different...That Dom carb may help or hurt only one way to find out...